S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello everyone!
i've just finished 4 S800 eq, works fine!
i saw yours and they look fantastic!
what is the reference of these sifam knobs?
is there a good place to buy it in europe?
thanks!
adrian'

I seemed to have smoked one of my channels ::)

I've had both working fine for a few months, then tonight I fed one a signal that I guess was too hot.  It sort of farted and now isn't passing audio.

Where should I start?

substitute said:
I seemed to have smoked one of my channels ::)
I've had both working fine for a few months, then tonight I fed one a signal that I guess was too hot.  It sort of farted and now isn't passing audio.
Where should I start?

Voltages , then change 5532?

I doesn't look like there's much in the way of voltages on the schematic, but since I have one working channel it shouldn't be too hard to a/b the two...

Should I check things out with a signal running through or just powered up?

I don't want to be rude or offensive, but besides a blurry image of the overlay I can't find anywhere a descent PCB layout. Does someone have a copy of this? I'm really looking forward to build this project.

substitute said:
I doesn't look like there's much in the way of voltages on the schematic, but since I have one working channel it shouldn't be too hard to a/b the two...

Should I check things out with a signal running through or just powered up?

I meant checking dip8 voltages , if good then change 5532 to start, then TLO...etc.

Detonator : I have no hi res pics of the pcb , but PeterC is "collecting" orders in the BM:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33831.0

Thanks for the info. I already saw that PeterC "might" do an other 100 boards. The reason why I'm asking is that I want to DIY.

I'm gonna make a mono S800 (1st project).
Do you think it's possible to make it in a 1U, half rack witdh case ? I've tried to contact Purusha but his mail box is full !
I'm looking for the knobs, what is the spacing between the pot ?

Thanks

Ben A.

Salut RedNoise !

I don't know yet, that's why I'm asking. 25mm is not wide ! I'm gonna look at small knobs !

I'm looking for switch too. What kind of switch would I need for this project ? Why the bypass has so many poles ? Is there a power switch  (I don't find the schematic of this project !!!) ?

switches :
SPDT on/on
3PDT on/on for bypass

25mm is between each center of each pot.AML have a very good quality/price kit regarding the components.You just have to get the switches separately.
Banzai have some chinese Davis knobs.(quite pretty , not so large.)

Pm me your email if you want!

Well, happy day, just a few tweaks left but everything works.....

s800p1.jpg

s800p5.jpg

s800p8.jpg

s800p13.jpg

s800p20.jpg

This was quite a "ship in a bottle" meets rubic's cube and I learned a lot from this thread so thanks to all......

The psu is from welbornelabs, NO MOLEX!!!, skipped the db25's. The units sounds great, I think I'm going to take apart the front panel once again and redrill to 9/32" (I drilled the holes to 17/64") as a couple of controls are biting. I also need to insulate the led leads, recalibrate the levels once the unit burns in and a couple of other tiny issues.

Andy

Quick question,

I have read this thread 3 times and not seen this referenced.

On the green PS, the 1000uf caps are only 10v? I am going off the V6_5-8-7 parts list.

Is this correct? That seems a little low.

Thanks!

mm

I'm about to finish my s800, using mnats psu.

After reading the trhead, I'm still in doubt on what voltage to use +15, -15 or +18 -18?

Thanks for everyones help with my S800.  Got two channels working, except for the High Mid band on one channel.  Swapped U5 with the working channel, and got no change.  Any particular part that might cause this problem?

Thanks,
Craig Morris

Latest posts

Back