S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RedNoise said:
check voltage accordingly to the DIP8 config!

Honestly, I don't understand what it means !!! Sorry but, I'm a newbie, that's my 1st built. What voltage should I measure for what pin ? Thanks.

sorry....didn't want this to get missed since it was on the other page?  Anyone notice this behaviour or know fer sure if it's just the way it is?

Tungstengruvsten said:
just got mine up and working and the LMF is off in it's frequencies(but starts at the right bottom frequency) ...and displays a weird waveform compared to the HMF - here's some AP curves....

HMF

LMF

It seems that the available boost and cut goes down as the frequency of the LMF goes up...anyone seen this before?  Is this normal for these? part of their sound?  because they sound frickin' awesome on guitars! 

So you have this type of curve wenn the lid is closed?
And when its open everything is ok?

I had similar problems! the psb is to close to the lid and can short something. I isolated the lid with tape and everything was fine!!

regards,
Wolfgang

This is at full boost and cut - the only thing changed is the frequency...as the frequency goes up the available boost and cut goes down...on the LMF only.  Very strange!

This is with lid-off - haven't closed it up yet to call it a day, but I've got the lid well protected from the PCB pins...

Updated: I mistakenly had this with 270degree scales, I fixed it up now. New link below
Hey guys. I designed a 4-channel Front panel.  here's the illustrator file: http://benlindell.com/diy/S800%20to%20Laser.ai

Here's pictures of a cardboard prototype:
IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Hi everyone !

I've finished soldering yesterday and when I'm powering up the unit, the led beginning to blink faster and faster after maybe 10 sec. What does it mean ?
Another question : should I send a signal (like a sin or white noise) for make some measures on the IC pins ?
Thanks for helping.

Ben.

that means that its gonna explode once the LED stays on!  ;D
The led works if the eq is in bypass....maybe a contact..

3nity said:
that means that its gonna explode once the LED stays on!  ;D
The led works if the eq is in bypass....maybe a contact..

Ha ha ! Good one !
Now, seriously, the led works when EQ is bypass ?!!! I thought that it was when the EQ is "on"...
And what about the measures on the IC's pins  ?

regarding DIP8 voltages , just check accordingly to datasheet(you'd better pull them out before checking)
Peace.

evilcat said:
the led beginning to blink faster and faster after maybe 10 sec.

faster and faster or more and more ?? "she" should not blink ...desolder led and check linearity of voltage...something looks like wrong with voltage here!

The LED isn't blinking when the ICs are unplugged and the voltages are OK. But when I re-plugged the ICs, the LED starts blinking again !

Help !!!

Check all component values & use a magnifying glass to check for shorts.

Check your PSU to make sure the voltages are right. Measure the voltages on the ICs to make sure that the power rails are correct.

This is an unusual fault so I am sure it is one of the above.

All the caps values are OK, as the power rails. I just have a doubt for C24, C26 and Cpsua and Cpsub who needs to be 100nF : they are marked .1J63 (see the picture). Does it means that they are 100mF ?!!! I've put them 'cause I bought the Collin's kit and they were they only caps left so the only place where they could be soldered were for the 100nF caps (I don't know if I'm clear, sorry for my english  :-\ !).

Peter, what do you mean by "using a magnifying glass to check for shorts". I don't understand !

Thanks

Attachments

• S800 001.jpg
    S800 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Back