S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can get some PCB's? I emailed Peter C a few weeks ago but he doesn't seem to be responding any time soon.

Finished a dual s800 eq today. I ended up building it upside down with everything mounted to the top of the case because of the reversed layout of pots/freq. Seemed like the easiest solution. Will track some drums next week with it on the ribbon overheads.

hi there,
i've one of my board that do a strange song like sound generator  when i put the frequency around 100hz on LMF
someone could help me please.

i checked all capacitors etc..

all seems good.

thanks.

I remember having something like that happen on one of mine and I think it was that I forgot to solder one leg of one of the pots. Double check everything is soldered well.

Rather go with this one:

http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9770R-15

Running on +-15v rather than +-18v will make very little difference to the sound(if any) & this PSU is regulated, while the U version is unregulated.

Peter

kpearsall said:
will this psu kit work with the design?

http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9770U

I'll give that a shot then... I've got an 80c here in the studio which is running at 18 just thought that would be nominal for headroom purposes. I'll test them against each other when I'm finished.

I tested a set of mine with both 15V and 18V and they sounded and measured the same at both voltages.

Hey guys,

Loving my 8 channel unit that I built a few years  back, and am considering building a 32 channel version for a little custom console idea I've been thinking about for a while.

In doing some tests today, I was noticing the hiss that is brought out when you boost the top end etc., general eqing stuff that happens with all analog eq's.  In working with plugs for so long, it's easy to forget that this was a basic fact of boosting.  I'm worried now that building 32 of these would inject significant noise into the mix, so I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to reduce the amount of hiss, or if it's simply inherent in this circuit and a fact of the design.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
Sig

The hiss is the first thing i noticed last night when tested my 2 S800 channels.
It would be interesting if someone has an idea on how to fix that.
Thanks.

Is everyone getting the hiss thing?  Dead quiet when the unit is engaged, but all controls are flat.  I imagine it's pretty normal and just inherent in the chips used in that circuit.

By comparison though, my Focusrite Red 3 is dead quiet with ALL frequency bands cranked.  I only got a tiny bit of hum, which I don't get in my S800's. 

Again, likely just the circuit and parts used?

Curious to know.
Thanks,
Sig

Can anybody suggest which XLR's M/F are suitable for this build ? Im looking at the Neutrik D-series. Would the following be ok ?

Female: NC3FD-V-BAG
Male:  NC3MD-V-BAG

http://www.neutrik.com/uk/en/audio/204_269621/D_Series_productlist.aspx

hi guys,
i've finished my 2nd stereo S800,
i love these eq's but would like to enlarge the Q,
I know it can be done with modifying some resistance ,
or installing trimpots or better pots,
being a noob in electronic theory,
i can't find by myself wich resistance to change,
would somebody having the knowledge accept to answer me ?
Hope somebody will help me,
Best regards,
Francois

Latest posts

Back