S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order list:

kpearsall    20 + 2PSU    Paid
Indecline    4 + 1PSU    Paid
Spase          9 + 2PSU    Paid
Tsane          8 + 2PSU    Paid
Coriolis        5                Paid
Jay Dubrek  6 + 1PSU    Paid
Rellister      2 + 1PSU    Paid
-------------------------
                  54 + 8PSU

BOM is here:
http://twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10096&pos=0

Peter

I'm in for 20 boards and 2 PSU boards... I had edited my original 10 board post, sorry. So 20 boards and 2 PSU boards. Thanks PeterC. Let me know how and when I can pay.

we gonna need a good case for this 8 channel eq.Anyone have an idea for a case or something?we can buy from purusha but we need to be like 3-4 to get another round.

I was gonna make a front panel in Front Panel Designer for mine. I really don't like the blue cases for them. and I'd like to use as many pushbuttons as possible. I'm gonna base mine off the 80c I have here at work.

Will let you know... I still need to get the measurements for drilling. Hoping to have the layout done this weekend but I have some session work as well.

Wow... after sitting on this project for 3 years, I finally assembled one channel last night and played around with it to EQ some DI bass and guitar (instrument --> NewYorkDave MILA --> S800 --> soundcard).

Couple comments/questions:

1) What fuse value is everyone using? I think I have a 1A fuse in currently.

2) Very nice, very versatile EQ, capable of subtle to not-so-subtle coloration. Really nice to dial in a bit of chimey harmonic distortion in the mid-range on DI guitar.

Everything worked great... but it seemed to me that the Low Frequency select switch (60 Hz / 120 Hz) acted more an on/off gain boost. I looked at the realtime FFT frequency response with a bass guitar signal and it didn't seem like there was any frequency dependence... just that everything below 200 Hz was boosted when set at 120 Hz, and slightly cut when set at 60 Hz. The relative peak to peak intensities in the 20 Hz to 200 Hz region stayed the same. (I had the low-mids set around 500 Hz when I did the testing so I don't think they were interfering.) Any thoughts on this?

The HPF works as advertised, with a clear decrease in the peak size < 50Hz.

Mason

I'll post some pictures once I make the panel.

Hmm...been all the way through this thread, searched all of groupdiy, checked the gmail account, etc:
But can't find a schem for this! Can anyone point me to it or pm it to me?

Thanks in advance! I'm still debating whether I should order more boards - they seem like a cool piece of kit...

C

Anyone else gonna go for Purushas 8 space case? He's sayin he can do them in red or black also, depending on what the majority want...personally I just need an easy solution to metalwork on this..!

Latest posts

Back