S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody ! I'm despaired ! I can't found any pcb's or pcb layout for this project....Peter, do you still sell this pcb's (for the eq and for the psu)?  Thanks

Hi ptiroc.

I did try and message Peterc a few times but he diddnt get back to me. I dont think he is doing the pcb's anymore. Although I must thank him for helping me out with the power transformer selection. (Thanks again Peter)
I was lucky enough to get some boards from another forum member who had them laying around. There is however some info available on peters'c twin-x account. Low rez schematic and a bom.

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/thumbnails.php?album=488

I just got the components kit from Colin at AML. really amazing kit. And I finished stuffing my boards yesterday without any issue. The power supply that seems to be recommended is the Green Pre PSU. You can find info on that here (Including self etch files). There is also an image floating around of parts you can exclude when using the Green PSU for the S800 ( Minus Phantom power).

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/index.php?cat=10096

Along with some other bits and bobs. I must say, this project has been on my wish list for some time. Im happy to be doing it now despite the lack of general interest there seem to be in this project these days.

The best I can do PCB wise is this scan I took of mine. (Would it be ridiculous to suggest tracing it in Corel or Photoshop? It is Peterc's pcb artwork design) 

Good luck!

Attachments

• S800-PCB-scan.jpg
    S800-PCB-scan.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
hello rockitdog. Many thanx for the (fast) response. I already have the schem, but it's a bit fluzzy and my knowledge in electronics won't suffice to do the pcb by my own. i'll see with your scan, it's a very good quality...:). Thanx again. cheers

This is for those of you that have read through the whole thread and caught that some users found that their real-world sweeps diverged significantly (especially for the low mid and high mid controls)....

To help get to the bottom of this, I simmed in LTSpice (with ideal opamps) the entire Trident EQ circuit. Based on this sim, I see that the LMF should range from about 100Hz-840Hz, and the HMF from about 1KHz-14Hz.  This is quite consistent with the results found earlier in this thread by Ben Lindell, and is markedly different than what is on the old front panels, especially for the LMF control.  The intermediate frequency values for these controls will naturally strongly depend on the taper of the particular 100 rev log pots you end up with, but at this point I would probably opt to use the front panel values that Ben used (and provided in his updated faceplate file earlier in the thread). 

Hey everyone, I'm almost done with my stereo s800 but on one channel the mid bands don't work.
I've been staring at the pcb the whole day...

The gmail account is down and I can't find the schematic, could someone please email it to me?
jules (dot) fradet (at) hotmail (dot) fr
thanks!
Jules

Finished up my S800 a couple of weeks back, thought I would post a pic. Big thanks to TDM for having some left over PCB's and a Big thanks to Colin at Audio Maintenance Limited (Slenderchap) for the amazing parts kit and big thanks to Peterc for the help and the docs. I am loving this EQ!! Its fantastic! Went for a bit of an unconventional DIY front panel design, diddnt turn out too bad and it looks kind of unique if you ask me. Its in good company with my Hairball REV A 1176 (Which I love to bits!!)

Next? A stereo LA4.

S800-EQ-1small.jpg

Hi
I want to hard wire the s800 as always on and without the switch, I want to use a relay bypass
how do I wire the pcb without the switch so it is always on?
im sure i have seen a diagram of how to wire it like this but I have not been able to find it again.

regards
/Taz

possibly would be.. depends what pots you end up deciding to use and their availability/cost?  You mentioned maybe going dual concentric...

Pots will not be dual concentric, but separate for the Freq and Gain.

My preference is to use Omeg Eco (green bodies) as I have had good results and they are very reasonably priced.

It means mounting the switches onto the front panel instead of the PCB as I usually like to do, but 6 pots take up the whole width of the panel.

Peter

I'd look at smaller pots, then you can use the little CK (or other) PC mounted toggles for the freqs.  Maybe someone can stock them for you (preferably in the US, everything is easier and cheaper that way).  I just saw the TB audio site has a kit of Bitech pots for the neumann 492 EQ, those are the same pots we use in the Pultec, they're very nice.  They also make smaller ones, GR uses them in the harrison EQ, now that has a lot of pots... 

Latest posts

Back