S800 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Peter.

I am interested in a pair if there's some extras.
I will keep an eye on this thread

Thanks
Neil

And a question. I'm a little confused as to how to hook these up to my consoles send/return jacks. I've attached a schematic. It's a Yamaha PM2000, and the send/return is listed as "input interstage" in the top right of the schematic.

According to yamaha literature, these are 600 ohm sends (I can't remember the returns input impedance) But anyway, there's no transformers. Just unbalanced send and return.

Here's the handy Rane literature about system interconnects: http://www.rane.com/note110.html

Looks like figure 13 would be right going into the S800's from my sends,
and figure 3 or 5 (?) would be correct coming out of the S800 and into my returns?

Can someone confirm this?

Attachments

• PM2Ksends.png
    PM2Ksends.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 62
fazeka said:
With Peter making PCBs again, anyone going to have front panels?
. How about just a template if there are no cases or front panels.  I noticed most of the docs and templates from this thread are so old the links no longer work.

+1

TDRS said:
How about just a template if there are no cases or front panels.  I noticed most of the docs and templates from this thread are so old the links no longer work.

I'm just getting started with these boards. I downloaded the schematic but it's such a low resolution I can't read it. Is there a high resolution schematic other than the one in the download section for docs here. My problem is R41 and R42. Heres a pic, I see 3 resistors positions, is 1 and 3 R41 and R42? If so, whats #2?  I can't read where the pin hole goes through the board. Any tips?

Attachments

• S800-PCB.jpg
    S800-PCB.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39
Just got my kit from Colin, though it didn't include the push button 4 pole switch. Anyone know of a Mouser part for this? Or where to order one? Thanks.

dogfaceaudio said:
Just got my kit from Colin, though it didn't include the push button 4 pole switch. Anyone know of a Mouser part for this? Or where to order one? Thanks.

Yeah, I'm putting my S800 together soon and spent a good chunk of yesterday trying to sort the switches out.  Part number is SPUN194700 and they're inexpensive, but you have to buy the switch caps separately. Part number UE200011 (Black), UE200013 (white), comes in other colours too. I found here in the UK that Mouser wanted £33 of goods purchased before free shipping and from what I remember there's a flat rate of around £12 - £15 otherwise. I may be wrong about that as it's been a while since I ordered anything from them, but too much for a few quids worth of switches. At least they sell the switch caps though, unlike R.S and some of the other big companies (I think I checked Farnell & Canford aswell). Kinda odd to sell the switches but not the caps ????.  Colin also sells  SPUN switches, dunno about the caps, didn't see any on the website. So in the end I ordered a couple of 3PDT toggle switches as part of an order from Banzai. Oh well. Hope you have better luck..

Greetings folks,

I few years back I built a couple of these, but when I hooked them up, I wired one of the power supplies backward (+ to - and vice versa) and blew up one of the electrolytic capacitors.  Upon further testing, I noticed this channel is still pretty noisy-it sort of sounds like the ocean when inserted.  Rather than recap the whole board, I was wondering if there was a certain electrolytic cap that would most likely be causing my noise problem.

Thanks,
Craig

HI Craig

Were the opamps in at the time? They might be noisy......

The 2 main filter caps both need to be changed, next to the power connector.

Start there, but you might need to do more, unfortunately.

Peter

Latest posts

Back