Red logo on black panel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deveng

Has anyone done a panel from Front Panel Express with red on black panel?
I'm thinking of getting one made for a project but I'm a bit concerned that the red will be hard to see in "typical" studio low light situations. Any example photo's? I couldn't find one. Will I be the guinea pig?

Regards,
Jeff

Low light.... Just make all the labeling out of red LEDs. Like a Light Bright from hell.

I don't know how low light your control room is, but I think the blue labeling on BSS boxes is harder to read than red would be.

That would be cool,
I saw a lot of blue led back lit stuff at AES.

You carve your Logo and Dials completely thru the panel, then you put a layer of plastic, then you put a bracket behind it with a row of LED's.

Only problem is it takes up PC board space.

The slickest thing I saw was the Shinybox modules with the push button LED switches and decade logic dials.

I like the back-lit logo idea. Like the Bad Cat or Rocktron guitar amps.

I now have found a couple of examples like the Drawmer TS2. Also, in my own control room, the Fostex 4030 synchronizer. It seems to be ok if the red is a bright red and if the control lettering is white. I may just have to give it a go.

Jeff

[quote author="CJ"]The slickest thing I saw was the Shinybox modules with the push button LED switches and decade logic dials.[/quote]

+1 on that. I remember Jon explaining all the goodies on the inside and just kept saying "Whoa...this design is sooooo cool".

Mike

Latest posts

Back