Lens/bezel/window for 7-segment display....???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigh

Hey,

I've been driving myself nuts trying to track down the right part, with no luck after hours of searches.

I built a Dantimax VolControl2 kit, which includes a two-digit, 7-segment display (two of these). Now I'm trying to find a "window" part, for the display to sit behind once it's mounted in the chassis.

Closest I found so far is this low-profile, smoked-lens bezel:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=PRD180LPS-ND

However, I would really like to find a smaller-sized window, preferrably round. It would also be nice if the window was domed out (convex). That part from Digikey actually has a recessed lens, which means that for this Dantimax kit, the rotary encoder's shaft doesn't make it out far enough to be secured to the front panel.

Anybody seen what I'm talking about? It's also driving me nuts because about a year back, I saw a shot of this kind of part on a DIY monitor controller, somewhere, and now I can't even find that shot!

Thanks for the help,
Leigh

I found a shot of something close, on a Zoom B2 pedal. Although, again, I would prefer a domed lens. And I don't need the metal ring around it to have cheezy embossed fake rivets:

110778Z.jpg

Latest posts

Back