looking for places to stay in Holland? (band on tour)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10827

Hi all,

we are supporting Marillion in November, we have four dates in Holland,

any good places to stay? on the cheap of course? any advice welcome.

or maybe some one lives in castle and would put us up!!

:green:

best

Pete

No castle here neither, but yep, mention cities and then we can see who knows what.

Congrats on the M-support BTW.

Bye,

Peter

PS

Ah, question easily answered, handy that www :wink:

21 Nov
Fri Heerhugowaard
Netherlands De Waerdse Tempel
22 Nov
Sat Zwolle
Netherlands Ijsselhal
23 Nov
Sun Tilburg
Netherlands 013
24 Nov
Mon Nijmegen
Netherlands Vereeniging Ticket Service
Sorry, can't help you there, but I have a friend in Tilburg, can ask if he knows cheap places (to stay :wink: )

Cool Venues, and large too !

013.... I played there, very cool venue, and they have an excellent cook for the bands, so: Bon Appetite in advance !

I will ask around for cheap hotels/motels.

Paul.

Hey guys!!

thanks for you reply's!!!

well, unless some one does have a castle! :wink: i think what we might do now is take over a motor home, as that would be cheaper for us as we can travel and sleep all in one.

the question i have is where would we be able to sleep? would we have to go to camp sites or car parks?? don't want to get arrested :oops: as i don't know the laws in your country..

all the best

pete

[quote author="sinestaraudio"]the question i have is where would we be able to sleep? would we have to go to camp sites or car parks?? don't want to get arrested :oops: as i don't know the laws in your country.[/quote]
I'm not sure you'd get away with that indeed, but you might try asking the venues, they might have had this question before I'd guess.

I have a 'RV-colleague', I can ask him also, he might perhaps know more about this.

Cheers,

Peter

Well, my grandparents live in Heerhugowaard.
But don't think i can convice them to take some musicians into their home.
Could ask if they, or some other family members know a cheap place to stay.

bless ya!

well i dont want to be a major PITA!! and there will be 6 of us.

one possibilty is there one place in the middle where we could base from, then drive out and back again? how big is Holland, are the distances between venues drivable in a few hours?

the best option at the moment is the motor home idea, but if we could find some where to stay for the whole four nights then i guess then it might be workable...

well thank you all for you help, if you would like to come i can get you tickets of course, just let me know.

Pete

[quote author="sinestaraudio"]one possibilty is there one place in the middle where we could base from, then drive out and back again? how big is Holland, are the distances between venues drivable in a few hours?[/quote]
The Netherlands is (are ?) not that big, you drive from north to south in around three.. four hours (depending on traffic).

the best option at the moment is the motor home idea, but if we could find some where to stay for the whole four nights then i guess then it might be workable...
As I understood from the motorhome-colleague it's allowed (since a year) to stay for the night, unless signs at city-borders indicate you aren't allowed so. Do you have contact with those venues already ? They might be able to tell you more about the local circumstances.

Cheers,

Peter

Learn dutch, and check this site for more.....
http://www.vvv.nl/pagina/home/default.aspx :wink:

I'm sure Tilburg, Zwolle, and Nijmegen have VVV offices where you can ask where it'll be allowed to park and stay one night.

You could ask the venues too of course.

I know that 013 has a small parking lot of their own, where tour-ingcars sometimes stay during the night. I'll eat my hat if The IJsselhallen wouldn't have something similar.

Latest posts

Back