Newbee Power Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthetic

Hello, I used to post on Tech Talk two years ago. Unfortunately, nothing I built ever worked, so I got discouraged and took a break.

Now I'm trying something simple, Peter Green's power supply:

http://1176neve.tripod.com/id11.html

Here's my question: how do I connect it to ground? Do I connect the ground output on the board to the wall ground connection on my IEC connector? The center of the transformer? If anyone has suggestions, or a picture of somthing similar to this circuit, I would appreciate it. I've built the circuit with 7824/7924 regulators to get 24 volts for a 990-based mic pre.

Thanks for your help.

My power supply is working!!!!! :grin: :)

This may seem like a trivial accomplishment, but after three giant failures I finally have a DIY project that works. This is a huge confidence booster for me. I've dumped hundreds of dollars into parts that assembled to make giant paperweights. My last disaster was a G1176, whose board was printed at 90% scale and was doomed to random shorts and jumpers. (Scroll to the bottom of this page for the details on that board, now sold.)

Next up is an API mic pre, either P@t's design I posted or Project 2. I'm leaning towards the former after my bad experiences with self-made PC boards. But I'm now confident to start ordering expensive 990s and Transformers because...

My Power Supply is working! Next round's on me! :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back