Instrument Level LA2a?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcofan

Hey all, I've been recording for a few years with my stereo DIY LA2a and I've noticed how well it gets along with my Roland Jazz Chorus. It's a cool sound where the LA2a is pumping pretty good but the brightness of the JC120 is still fighting through. Anyways, my idea is inspired wanting to bring this sound to the live stage without needing a soundman to patch it in. I play solo a lot and need the guitar to be independent of a good mixer - not to mention I need to tweak and hear the compressor I'm playing.

Would it be possible to modify a LA2a circuit to sit in front of the guitar amp?

Thanks for any ideas,
Bobby

Omit the input transformer; feed the resistor on the tranny secondary.

Put a 5K Log pot on the 600Ω output and turn-down until the guitar anp gets normal input level.

He means bypass it and feed the 68k resistor with the input signal. You don't need to connect to the input tranny at all.

I do not think the compressor would do much with just a guitar signal, you wouldn't get the same dynamics as micing the output of the amp. But it's easy to try.

Or, splice in an effects loop and insert the LA2 there.
Is that the amp with that cool true stereo chorus sound?
The speakers are actually wired independantly.
Listen to Hot, Blue and Righteous of the Tres Hombres album. That had to be a Jazz Chorus!

Latest posts

Back