another Pm-1000 racking...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diyfanatic

hi guys!

first, thanks so much for all the informations...It's been a while I'm reading you all and I learn so much...so very big thanks again.

so here I am...racking a pair of pm-1000
almost done just want to have some advices.

Ive change the fader by a 10k lin pot, removed echo pots, bough a beautifull psu from fivefish
I've made this wiring but I want to put a Direct input, I suppose it should be after the input Tx with a stereo jack.
I'm a little bit lost here, if someone can show the wiring for that it will be great.

another thing, I haven't found cheap Tamuras so I want to put some old sowter (5290 type, very transparent) for the output...but any advice for some tx (less transparent) who should be good for theses channel strips?

pm1000blockdiagramm1vq0.jpg

thanks from France
Jr.

Thanks for the diagram

for the d.i. in it needs to be a switching jack , not stereo
where the board input goes to the tip of the 1/4" jack and the
xfmr secondary + side goes to the switch terminal of the 1/4" jack
so with nothing plugged in the tip & switch remain connected
inserting a plug opens the switch and lets the plug connect to the tip

thanks for the reply

so something like that will be good?
http://www.banzaieffects.com/Jack-6-3-MO-INS-pr-17595.html

when it will be done, I will re-upload the wiring diagram, I've read all the thread about the Pm-1000...very long and sometines hard to understand for an non-english person...it could be some help...

Jr.

are you sure about using the 18-0-18 psu transformer? if you don't have it already, it might be safer to use a 20-0-20 or 22-0-22...

you do not need the ground from mic input 1 to go to the switch. you should take it stright to the star grounding point.

what you have labelled as "direct out"...i'm not quite sure what you are planning there. technically the "direct out" would be where you have the output transformer...and since this is a standalone preamp, it doesn't need a "direct out" per say...

what you have labelled as DC inlet and DC is actually AC...

any 1:1 600ohm output transformer will work well...

make sure to be careful with the star grounding for this circuit, i had some problems when i had a crappy ground scheme.

is there any reason why you changed the audio taper 10k to linear?

please feel free to ask more questions, me and alot of folks have racked these up, so we should be able to answer most questions..

I would take " direct out " in most cases to mean
right after the preamp , before the eq , preamp only
not a bad option , depends how often you use it

[quote author="okgb"]I would take " direct out " in most cases to mean
right after the preamp , before the eq , preamp only
not a bad option , depends how often you use it[/quote]

ya, in this case, that "direct out" is only after half of the preamp circuit...not sure how that will work out...maybe good though...the eq can be hard bypassed with a switch before the EQ transistor, you will loose a little gain because of removing this transistor..and it flips the phase...

hi guys!

to outoftune:

fivefish said that a 18 should be enough (I got one already that's why), but I will take a 20 just to be sure.

for the direct output, the strip came from a working mixer and the direct output wad already wired, so I assume it was working like that!
in fact I think the wiring on my strip is not exactly like what I've draw...I will update my diagram with the good wiring (I think there is a wire coming from the in tx...
but I don't know if I will use it...I will use the strip mostly for the eq!
direct out is for me unbalanced, so transformerless...but maybe i'm wrong

you do not need the ground from mic input 1 to go to the switch. you should take it stright to the star grounding point.
ok, I've just took the original yamaha wiring diagram and all wires goes to the switch...but if it's better I will do it...

is there any reason why you changed the audio taper 10k to linear?
just to have a brand new and if I remember well the fader is labelled as a 10k lin (I need to check tonight)

what you have labelled as DC inlet and DC is actually AC...
for what I've read on the fivefish forum...the psu work Ac and Dc but I will ask to Ruel just to be sure
http://www.fivefish.net/diy/psu4448/pdf/psu4448docs.pdf

thanks for helping me, I appreciate!

Jr.

[quote author="raysolinski"]The volume control in all of the pm1000's I have racked was a 10k linear pot so I think he is fine with that...

Ray[/quote]

ahh i thought it was 10k audio. my bad..

and you can trust ruel (OWEL here on the forum)...he helped me out with the PSU stuff!

it's ok...better check twice than buy the wrong item!!!

:cool:

yeah, Ruel seems to be a good guy.
it's a very impressive Diy community here...a lot of interesting projects and good advices.
I wish we have the same in France!

thanks for helping guys.

Latest posts

Back