Huge sale in Los Angeles (Groove Tubes) 11/6 - 11/8

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthetic

If you're a DIYer in in LA, you gotta check out this sale.

http://www.aspenandassoc.com/

Groove Tubes was just sold to Fender and he's liquidating much of the old inventory. Thousands of tubes, transformers, speakers, parts, you name it. Need a case for a mic project? I saw a box of them. Need an oscilloscope or distortion tester? There was a shelf of them, more than a dozen of each. I saw a shelf of guitar pedals with 7 wahs on it, and he gave me one for $25.

He has a dozen GT CL-1 compressors in various stages of broken, several of his tube EQs and preamps. Did I mention the table of Celestion speakers? 25 greenbacks and many others, maybe 100 speakers total. I saw a few McIntosh tube amps, Fender amps, Altec, broken EH Small Stones, EV horns, on and on. He said that a lot of it wasn't even for sale, just cart it away.

Picture the best garage sale ever. He has a few pics on his website but it doesn't begin to show whats there, a whole warehouse full of goodies. Be there! Book a plane ticket! :)

omg. OK who wants to do a group buy???

I actually could go to the sale, it's about a 4 hour drive. I don't know how I would decide what to get, I'd want everything I'm sure. Someone could make an eBay salary liquidation all of this stuff if they had the time and space.

-kdawg

I'm in S.F. bay Area

anyone interested in carpooling and sharing gas cost on the way down, I've got a pickup truck that will hold enough, I think. I"ll leave on 11/5 a day before the sale. Email me before hand if interested.

back the truck up and load up !!!!

I'm 10 mins away..... will probably go, might be overwhelming for me though. I'll pick up parts and such in exchange for helping me build something maybe :p

Make posts and I'll keep a list and see what I can do, no promises...

If someone goes to the sale (no way I can get there from Michigan), I really need a good scope for a reasonable price. I'm trying to calibrate this old Scully 100-16 machine I bought a year ago, but it's near impossible without an oscilloscope.

:D

I would go if it wasn't for the 20 hour flight.

I would be interested in a group buy on various parts if someone wants to take the initiative. Is there a list available?

Michael

Yeah i'd say you'd have no trouble selling it here
cases , parts , pro audio or gtr .

nice if it's as marked , grab & run , bring a shopping cart
AND several friends

From the site: "However presale viewing can be arranged by appointment."

Anyone with a (digital) camera in LA want to head over there before the frenzy starts?

If somebody wants to pick up a working tube tester for say, less than $50, I'll pay you to ship it and a little something extra for your troubles.

I did the "presale viewing" I guess. There were plenty of oscilloscopes (10?) and testers. I saw a wall of tubes about 6' x 15', and there were others around. I didn't take any pics, it was a quick walkaround. Your best bet is to come up with a wish list for people going. I probably won't be able to go back next weekend.

AAHHHHH!!! Damn it!

I was in LA for the alesis blow out and it was sweet!

Aspen was there , bought a pallet of xlr connectors, literally, for a few hundred dollars and sold it that day for more than 10 grand.

boy would i love to see a VIPer out there (working or not as long as at least some of the winding were intact) and get it for $25! Id fix the hell out of it.

[quote author="hitchhiker"]Let's get all the military grade 5840 tubes for mics- group buy- say 2 or 3 each member wanting for a project.[/quote]

Count me in.

I didn't see any Vipres, I did see one of the stereo model but couldn't tell if it was for sale or not. A bunch of the half rack modules, though. The CL1 compressor and the EQ.

Back