1176s workin!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daArry

So, to cut a long story short...lundahls landed, restuffed to mnats new rev g's layout, found the bastid resistor that caused the same probs I was having with the gyraf brds, and now...well, it's tumpin' :green: :thumb:

dual1176_1.jpg

dual1176_2.jpg

dual1176_3.jpg

dual1176_4.jpg

I've still got a bit to do, and calibrating is prolly gonna be a nightmare (no scope - was hoping I could use my pulsar2 card and modIII ;)) but I'm so happy right now!

just an .fpd away

:thumb:

well, the problem was a 100K resistor inplace of what shudda been a 100R (R36) - I had this stuffed this on the gyraf layout too, so when I restuffed to mnats new layout the problem restuffed too...I guess, I cudda stuck with the gyraf brds in the end but it's panned out nice neways - the original brds were made so long ago and amongst my 1st etchings (so were looking pretty tatty). Thesedays, I get much better results ;) Also, with mnats new layout soldering is easier and the output iron mod is all set to go from the get go...

I've got no probs with hum or noise so far either :thumb:

1 meter connected, used those cheap SM14s and bodged in a cpl blue leds:

blVUe.jpg

for the diodes (for VU setting) I used these MUR860s i had layin about:

murmeter.jpg

seems to work well :thumb:

[quote author="daArry"]for the diodes (for VU setting) I used these MUR860s i had layin about:[/quote]
Are you sure they can handle the current? I would prefer using 10A diodes at least! :green:

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

daArry is a man with good taste. Very nice dude, as usual... I just love blue fiber boards! :thumb:

thanks for the props fellaz :thumb:

biggest of course goes to jakob and mnats, whose new layouts are indeed fantastic :)

Looks cool DaARRY

I'm about to do a 2 in 1 box once my Mnats boards arrive.
How deep is that case. It looks nicely snug in the photos... if you could do it all over would you make it any bit bigger.

Are you using basic stereo interconnect circuit- the ureee one with the battery?, or something more exotic like matched transistors.

VeryBoss
Sleeper

Hey

How deep is that case. It looks nicely snug in the photos... if you could do it all over would you make it any bit bigger.

depth is 300mm, theres quite a bit of room in there (more on the right hand side where the psu ckt) so I'd keep it the same typa case (infact I've another 2U just like it which i'll use for a dual OEP version :thumb:)

Are you using basic stereo interconnect circuit- the ureee one with the battery?, or something more exotic like matched transistors.

well, this i still need to clear up on myself...

I searched the lab before and saved this to a note:

"Yes, I have two linked and they work great. I matched all the BF245A's, then linked point 7 of each circuit directly via a toggle switch that selects between stereo/dual mono. No problem."

but i was under the impression the stereo link adaptor was a necessity too...I guess having the urei ckt inside and switch on the panel to flip between dual mon and stereo would be the one no?

Matching wise, i matched the resistors and BF's accross both sets of brds...

Best

D

but i was under the impression the stereo link adaptor was a necessity too...I guess having the urei ckt inside and switch on the panel to flip between dual mon and stereo would be the one no?

If memory serves correctly, the urei circuit takes care of balancing out any differences in the crucial part of the circuit. From my hamptone JFP days I don't want to have to count on matching those BF245s - I think I only ordered about 2x more than I needed- not 20x :roll:

I was thinking about doing both, why not right? the urei link circuit is only a few parts. I've never used a linked pair of 1176s though, I don't know if that box has a switch on it or what.

I have a TT post somewhere I'll have to dig up... have to find that urei circuit anyways.

Man oh man Da... you are seriously cranking out the gear, everytime I turn around something new. KUTGW

Sleeper

I'm going to be putting together a Stereo version og MNATS revG right away. Where is this Stereo circuit? I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere here in the lab.

Can anyone point me to it, I search the lab and turned up only mentions of it but no drawings or designs.

--------------

Also What was your power supply torriod spec'd as?
I'm gonna stuff both on board voltage regulators but Would like to have only one torriod supply both boards. I read the other thread on this but in there they spoke of using only one 'off-board" supply/regulator circuit. WHich I feel is just a waste of time considering the cost of a couple of voltage regs and caps is so small.

-ChuckD

just about done then... :grin:

PC020001.jpg

PC030007.jpg

PC030011.jpg

PC030029.jpg

I've posted some q's over calibrating (test #4 on gyraf site) on the main G1176 help thread - i dont understand the setup of that test (dont have scope etc) if anyone can shed light or if there's ne peeps local to me who has a scope n such and knows what theyre doin please help! I wanna get this right :thumb:

Props to jakob n mnats too!

ta

cheers fellaz :thumb:

I had a request for the .fpd file, I put it online in case anyone else wants it:

http://notapplicable.co.uk/audiolab/1176/1176_FINAL.fpd

might wanna change a few bits to suit ur components tho :)

wrt to the stereo linking, i just joined both point 7's on each brd to a dpdt switch - works fine (as far as i can tell) with both fets matched ;)

Latest posts

Back