politics is soiling this forum

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect the harshness of the commentary will taper down in a week--it is good to have this discussion here IN THE BREWERY.
I do agree with you a little bit though...but I think we sould follow the ideal model as we govern ourselves; free commerce, free speech, doo process, bare arms, etc.

[quote author="Butterylicious"]One shouldn't discuss politics or religion with business associates or strangers.

Just my $0.02

-Richard[/quote]
Geeze that leaves only sex... guys just aren't into that sort of stuff... :razz: :sam: :sam:

Don't worry it will all end next Tuesday :green:
Seriously though I agree, which is why I deleted my original set of posts.

Should have followed my granddad's advice - "keep your mouth shut in a shit-fight"

ha! somewhere on a Model Railroad or '68 Camaro forum, they are saying the same thing. It has arrived here too. As if a bunch of people came into our electronics shop and stapled up a bunch of political signs.
By Wed, it will have lost all it's purpose.
I don't regret my contribution, but it's defensive.

Politics soils anything [ everything ]
and that's exactly it ,
we live in our own shit these days
and those with any power can live above it

I don't remember who that was but he said "the politics is too serious of a subject to left to politicians".

The religion is a personal matter.

However I do not see why one should not discuss it with his/her business associates and even with a stranger, who ever that stranger may be.

As long as both parties know their boundaries, respect each other (not necessarily the views) and carry out the discussion in a civilized manner.

And electronics 24-7 is just BO-ring. We discuss other things, but the election is the important issue of the year. At least those here care about it, enough to participate, and I am 100% sure they will vote- once right?

A lazy friend of mine, who is always first to blame republicans for everything bad in the world, is out of town till after election day, and did not cast an absentee ballot. She has wasted her true voice.

Mike

[quote author="amorris"]I agree. But I dont think we are strangers, really.[/quote]

Awwwwww. Warm fuzzies.

Politics and religion will always divide people - friends or otherwise !!

But that's what a Brewery or OT section is for I guess.

It could be used with a total ban on religion and politics though, I wouldn't
mind that at all, as that's not what I come here for, there's plenty of that
crap available on other forums .. !!

MM.

I believe in freedom...

The freedom to click on a political thread, or not.

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

I believe in freedom...

The freedom to click on a political thread, or not.

Yes we have free will.

Another 2 cents...

Guys - the fat lady sings on Tuesday. (At least we all hope it's resolved by then and doesn't drag on like 00 and 04.) It was not my intent to spoil this forum by the two threads I began. Please note that this has been kept in the Brewery where we've all been warned at the door that bar stool preachers are inside. The discussion has been lively to say the least. After Tuesday I intend to retire from the Brewery and return to technical exchanges.

Bravo, Claude.
Don't stop talking about politics in the Brewery. That's free speech.
Tossing an agenda based stinkbomb in here before E-day was the only question mark. Anyone can do that, but we hadn't.
I liked that better.

Latest posts

Back