EMT140 spares??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyB

just been asked to install 2 EMT140 plates, but they have no connections - each unit has 2x circular multiway connectors and a large rectangular mains.
Any ideas as to where I can get these? Units have mono valve drivers.

thanks in advance

could you post pictures?
Usually all connectors are Tuchels, even for mains - if it´s in original state.
Tuchels you will find on german ebay on regular basis.

I´ve just installed two mono tube plates myself,use them as a stereo.
Take about BIG sound,love them.
I can really recommened to get Cunninghams tuning kit for them.

The main plug is called "ironing socket" here in sweden
as was very common in the old days used for roasters,ironings e.t.c.
I managed to found one here at a electronic shop it was his last
and he said he couldn´t get anymore.
Replace them or look in second hand shops/flee markets.
They are big and are partly made of porcelain.

The biggest of the circular connector is for the remote
if they don´t have any remotes and motors don´t mind those.
If you need them they are very expensive(200€ at least)
because they are the same as for neumann mics.

I had only on of them and on the other plate I used small "sockets" for every pin instead.
worked well.

The smaller circular connector is for audio I/O
those you should be able to find on ebay.

I have the pinouts for both sockets if you need.

I'm just about to connect the 140 that's in my basement. The two audio-connectors are large Tuchel-Plugs, 5-pin. And yes: For the reomte the inner part of the plug is the same as for the Neumann M49 just for the mic they used bayonet-caps. (It's also made by Tuchel)
So if you don't have the reomte-plug: Forget it, just replace it with a XLR-Plug!
For the audio-plugs look at Binder for the series 691. 12,23€ at conrad. (No. 73 89 64).
Datasheet.
And also in germany the power-connector is called 'Ironing-Plug'. In Germany you can often find these in second-hand shops, just you should replace the cable, because they are usually quite old... If not you can also replace the socket with a modern one. Or maybe there are still new ones available?!...

Chris

Ok folks  - went with Jakobs suggestion and made new panels with xlrs and iec mains connectors.
These 2 140's are indeed remote and could do with remote controls - I expected the use of stepper motors and I know they aren't cheap - but f*!? me, I don't think my client can afford 2 motors at what i've seen for the kits -1440 (dollars, I presume)! So - any suggestions to a "homebrew contraption"?

All ideas considered!

Latest posts

Back