Just when you think things are getting better...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptownkid

Time for a rant...

So, I've had a rough go for the past little while, and things have been getting progressively better...

So I'm packing orders yesterday, and i go to grab the Fetboy kits from my office and they're nowhere to be found. We have searched EVERYWHERE in our house, no nook unchecked, no box unopened and they are gone.

18 kits, poof, nowhere. What a kick in the teeth.

Though it sounds highly unlikely, all we can figure is that they managed to fall into the recycling box and got hidden amongst the paper. There really is no other explanation as it's not possible that they were stolen, and even less likely that I took them out of my office.

It really sucks to lose that kind of money anytime, but we are really tapped right now financially. Electricians bill 3k, wisdom teeth 3k, new roof (had a small cave-in) 2k, all in 4 weeks, Faaaaaaaaaaack.

To those that have ordered them recently, I have the pcbs, and more parts are on their way, but man does it suck to lose that kind of money. Makes me really wish that the OEPs weren't already in the kits, haha.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, just needed to vent. As you were

I understand how you feel! It's been a rough year--and a few weeks ago, just as the situation was starting to look better, a bunch of things went terribly wrong almost simultaneously. I'm still reeling from it and, frankly, not feeling terribly optimistic.

Please take some comfort from that fact that, outside of some dental problems, the two of you are healthy. This is something most of us take for granted. I take it for granted no more.

Oh, by the way... Don't give up the search yet. Years ago, I lost several hundred dollars' worth of supermarket gift certificates (a housewarming present) and, after combing the house, became convinced that they'd been accidentally thrown away. I even went dumpster diving (yeeccccch!), but to no avail. And guess what? They turned up months later, tucked discreetly behind some volumes on my bookshelf. And I'm the one who'd put them there :roll:

Thanks for the perspective Dave, and i/we do realize that. Things could be a lot worse, it just so happens that the last 2 months have been a fustercluck of badness on all fronts.

I just needed to blabber about my frustration somewhere before i blew a gasket or cried in the corner.

PS, nice to see you back!

Latest posts

Back