Rolling off Top End of Speakers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

I have a pair of Mackie powered PA speakers that I've been using for tracking lately - they're nice and loud, and work great for this when just needing to plow someone with level. However, the top end is brutal since you're not really supposed to be sitting a few feet from them. Is there something I can place inline in an XLR jack, for instance, like a cap, that will roll off some of the top? I'd rather not buy/make a full EQ just to do this, as I'm simply looking at rolling off the top end.

Thanks!
Sig

I do the same thing with some large floor wedges now and then and I simply
put a black towel over the horn to damp it down a bit ( cut to size and looks
neat )

MM.

Ummmm, no towel...I don't want it to look trashy. But, tell me more about this L-pad. Can I make one, or do I buy one? The L-pad's that I've read about control speaker level, not high frequency.

Thanks,
Sig

I'd think a l-pad would be more desirable than a lpf. One or two resistors connected to the tweeter and you have an L-pad. An inductor in series w/ the tweeter gives you a 6db LP filter. A sheet of tp is the classic fix. Go to Gramma's house for the decorative kind if you don't want the trashy look. :green:

Back