A Green Pre assembly/troubleshooting users manual

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS Audio

Due to the amount of posts and questions still coming up from others and as well as me :oops: I've been thinking to start compiling a Green Pre "Assembly Manual" pdf thats open to the public to download.

This idea would not only eliminate all the redudant posts but will empower those like me to whom must search through all these old posts that are mostly info that I dont need but info other people may need.

For one its obviously very scattered all over the place and so wouldnt be nice for some of us to come together and set something up thats organized and includes some very basic newbie info incase there are those to whom may have just jumped into this project without regard of some very basic electronics theory concepts.. (like me again and others im sure)

I'll be using Corel Draw for the "visual references" and wish to include an updated BOM information on some other "odds and ends"

Being that I used to be a music instructor I found that my main "talent" was being able to take a concept that I or others may have difficulty with and break it down in a way that anyone regardless of learning style can adapt to. So, now that im not teaching anymore I thought that I'll start getting "preachy" once again

First things first I need to stop making posts when I first wake up or when havent slept in almost 24 hrs and am about to pass out at the keyboard but thats when my creativity it seems to "rear" its ugly head :twisted:

PM me if you wish to contribute...

Thanks,

this sounds good.

does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on a few green pre pcbs?

tried getting in touch with peter, but haven't received a reply.

cheers

s

Great idea.

Good documentation is always something we can use more of around here.

I can probably dig up some of my compiled notes from the Green to help you out. See I always meant to do the same thing but it can be quite time-consuming.

[quote author="kato"]Great idea.

Good documentation is always something we can use more of around here.

I can probably dig up some of my compiled notes from the Green to help you out. See I always meant to do the same thing but it can be quite time-consuming.[/quote]

Awesome! Now I feel motivated to start this....

First thing (in no particular order) that i'd like to start on is getting things straight with the correct voltages/current for the zeners and transistors for starters.

and from there Im going to start making some grounding scheme diagrams using Corel Draw for starters :wink:

A visual diagram each showing different grounding configurations would help a lot of people.

Lets get this going....and thanks for your support

Oh and if someone could verify the correct pad spacings for the output attn, XLR I/O and Voltages would be great, I want to look into getting screw type pcb terminals, but want to make sure I know what size to get

Back