Looking for push button switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDrive

I'm building a homemade preamp, and I want to get some push button switches for the phantom/phase switches that light up with LEDs. I have found a few illuminated switches, but only from a few retailers outside the US and the shipping cost hardly makes it worth it.

I opened up my ART MPA Gold, and I noticed that they are using regular non-illuminated switches with LEDs behind the switch and a clear switch button that allows the light from the LED to light up the switch, but I can't find these clear switch caps on digikey or mouser. Anyone know where to find them, and the switches that go with them, preferably in the US?

Also, if I use a non-illuminated switch with an LED, do I need an extra pole on the switch just to switch the LED on? I assume so, but I thought maybe there was a trick to not waste an extra pole on just the LED.

Thanks for your help guys.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Latching-PCB-Switches/Illuminated-push-button-switches/70729

????

those are the ones from the UK, shipping is $$$

I'm surprised these are so hard to find, it seems like most audio equipment has lighted pushbuttons.

Back