DeeDrive

Looking for push button switches
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
I'm building a homemade preamp, and I want to get some push button switches for the phantom/phase switches that light up with LEDs. I have found a few illuminated switches, but only from a few retailers outside the US and the shipping cost hardly makes it worth it.

I opened up my ART MPA Gold, and I noticed that they are using regular non-illuminated switches with LEDs behind the switch and a clear switch button that allows the light from the LED to light up the switch, but I can't find these clear switch caps on digikey or mouser. Anyone know where to find them, and the switches that go with them, preferably in the US?

Also, if I use a non-illuminated switch with an LED, do I need an extra pole on the switch just to switch the LED on? I assume so, but I thought maybe there was a trick to not waste an extra pole on just the LED.

Thanks for your help guys.

DeeDrive

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »
I should add that the switches should be right angle PCB mount switches.

shabtek

"really fine players do not use stomp boxes or master volume, they match the amp to the room and turn it up to 11.  Stevie Ray, BB King, Albert King, Duane Allman, Dicky Betts, Louis Armstrong"
   -CJ

DeeDrive

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
those are the ones from the UK, shipping is $$$

I'm surprised these are so hard to find, it seems like most audio equipment has lighted pushbuttons.

kazper

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:17:24 AM »
There was some out at surplus gizmos a while back... thats in your back yard BTW..
Intentionally left blank