new forum look?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

To all involved in maintaining the forum and giving it a new look.  Thank you. I like the new look although it's going to take a second to get used to.  keep up the great work.

This is a lot more than a new look. This is an entire new software package. A much better one as well, I think.

Congratulations to Ethan for managing the conversion so well. It must have been a challenge.

Yes very nice... I got shocked for a bit when I tried to refresh a page I had left open all day and got an error that the board wasn't available! I got a very nice surprise when I retyped the address.. Thanks Ethan! 

I'm not mezmerized by the new look, but more by the benefits involved. I'm not into surprizes either.

analag

Larrchild said:
Right-on.Ethan drives a wooden stake through the heart of PhpBB!
Steam-Driven CMS. lol.
Good work!
I hope it all ported with no hiccups.

analag

Simple Machines is far superior to phpBB.  I dumped phpBB years ago and I haven't had a crash since.  I bet the search feature works now.  Updates are as simple to install.  It's a damn solid script.

Way to go!

-Richard

I like this software so far, seems easy enough to use.

However the address changes poses a large problem. All internal links will no longer work, meaning threads linked to threads are now useless unless we edit the addresses.

Thats it, I'm outta here.

Just kidin, remember when I did that with a hangover at the old place?

Of course you don't because we don't go there, and the new and improved good humor man does not stress details anymore.

Unless its DIY electronics!

Looks cool to me, thanks Ethan!

Ptownkid said:
I like this software so far, seems easy enough to use.

However the address changes poses a large problem. All internal links will no longer work, meaning threads linked to threads are now useless unless we edit the addresses.

For example, the Meta Meta has been rendered completely inoperative. I'm sure Ethan has a plan but I thought I'd mention.

We're working on a solution...
But at the moment, I need some sleep.

It turns out I did have a decent thought left in me before bed.
All the internal links should work correctly now.

Unable to replace my image. "URL" just stalls, "Upload" gives me blank (as seen here).

I've considered the generous selection of actors and musicians but none grabbed me.

Latest posts

Back