new forum look?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdbakker said:
is there any way you could revert this? IMNSHO this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
JDB.

Sure I can revert it, but then I need to find another solution (or manual edit) those links that use the URL tag.  Any ideas?

Ethan said:
jdbakker said:
is there any way you could revert this? IMNSHO this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Sure I can revert it, but then I need to find another solution (or manual edit) those links that use the URL tag.  Any ideas?

If I supply you with a new viewtopic.php (+ index.php) which would replace the old /forum/viewtopic.php, all those old url= links would get automatically redirected to the appropriate posts on the new forum, just like all external links to the old forum would. That way none of the links would have to be edited. Would that work for you ?

[I can imagine that meta-links and other high-traffic links should be changed anyway. To facilitate that I'd not use an instant redirect but rather a "Forum Moved"-warning which supplies the correct new link and redirects in, say, 5 to 10 seconds]

Could you tell me what sed rules/change scripts you used when changing the 'visible' links to the old forum? I've a pretty good idea what to do, but it never hurts to have a known-working baseline.

JDB.

If I supply you with a new viewtopic.php (+ index.php) which would replace the old /forum/viewtopic.php, all those old url= links would get automatically redirected to the appropriate posts on the new forum, just like all external links to the old forum would. That way none of the links would have to be edited. Would that work for you ?
JDB.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that still wouldn't change the links in this forum that use the URL tags...unless we were to modify these pages as well.
Perhaps we should take this conversation to PMs/email?
I have a few other things I'm trying to work out, so in the meantime if you could help out with this that would be awesome.

> embedded links within the forum that use "URL=", I should be able to fix.

Whatever you did, it seems that MANY "URL=" links are now screwt-up.

Ptownkid's sig. My sig.

I am unable to edit http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30377.msg368292#msg368292 to URL= form as Pucho intended, I had to leave the naked URL.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30352.msg368255#msg368255

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=111.msg1169#msg1169

etc.............

If anyone is interested, the delay in loading pages is gone.  Thanks Ethan!

PRR said:
Unable to replace my image. "URL" just stalls, "Upload" gives me blank (as seen here).

I've considered the generous selection of actors and musicians but none grabbed me.
I have the same problem.
But thanks for the new design and look. Great work..
- Soeren

Soeren_DK said:
PRR said:
Unable to replace my image. "URL" just stalls, "Upload" gives me blank (as seen here).

I've considered the generous selection of actors and musicians but none grabbed me.
I have the same problem.
But thanks for the new design and look. Great work..
- Soeren

same here

PRR said:

Edit your picture to be no more than 65 px in any direction and it will work.

mushy said:
PRR said:

It worked...
Thanks...

-Soeren

mushy said:

Well, dang, they could SAY that!

And howcome the Squid above me gets a 118x78 pic squished to 75x75, but my 70x70 upload is refused without explanation?

PRR said:
And howcome the Squid above me gets a 118x78 pic squished to 75x75, but my 70x70 upload is refused without explanation?

Kid Squid's avatar is on the Twin X server so it's just resizing whereas you are attempting to upload to the forum server - haven't been following the thread though so ignore if I'm on crack.

Cheers,
Ruairi

There is no consistently placed "Next Page" button at the bottom of each page...

This omission requires too much mousing around to read multi page threads...

I am rather confused by the search system on this new look forum.

I just tried to search for this thread http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30205.0  which is entitled "oi Londoners & home counties".  So I could bump it.

WHen I searched the word "londoners" it yielded 3 results, but not the most recent or the one I wanted.   

If I added "home" & "counties"  it still doesn't pull up this thead.

I then thought I 'd make it easy for the machine.  So I did an advanced search in the Brewery only & also only searching in the topic subjects.  This yields no results at all !!

I thought I read that one of the reasons for the switch was that the searching facility was better with this software.  SO therefore I must be doing something wrong??

I was having a real problem using Safari on OSX10.4.11 , could not login or out without errors and
could not post or delete PM's without errors , in fact could not delete PM's at all !!
Switched to Firefox and all of that works perfectly now :)

Cheers,

Marty.

love the software. never seen it before. the new 'print' button is a lifesaver. seems much faster too.

can we now perhaps remove or decrease some of the limitations on how many private messages we're allowed? only being permitted one in your sent/outbox was a real bummer.

Latest posts

Back