Did anyone ever decide on the best 5534/5532 Signetics/Philips replacement?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rascalseven

I've searched the forums, and can't seem to determine if there is a good substitution for the Signetics/Philips version of these IC's.  Someone said they liked the TI, and another hinted that ON Semi might be making the Philips version under their name since the Philips factory fire, but nothing definitive that I can find.

I just used up my last Signetics 5534 (several of which I had gotten from a service tech friend of mine), and was wondering what became of this search?

???

Thanks,

JC

Because JW's advice is hit or miss.  He'll trumpet the greatness of a certain product and then complain about it the next week.  I've also read some good advice and design information from him while also reading some very poor advice the next day.  I took some of his advice on opamps and caps in a console one time and I later found it to be the opposite of what I really found to be the best for my situation.

mitsos said:
Snatchman said:
Take this with a grain of salt......
Why do you say that?
Actually, I was saying coming from me, with my limited skills with DIY, don't base your decision on my experience with the swap.  That it's basically a personal preference whether the swap sounds better or worse.. The swap worked out for me tho'... 8)

Latest posts

Back