IS it possible to instal flying faders into MCI 500 desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've retrofitted Flying Faders to a Neve 8108 without incident. I'd say yes. The MCI faders dont remove as a separate panel, so metalwork abounds. Technically, I don't see an issue. There is pc board under the fader on that module, so creative relocation of the fader driver board may need to occur.

In fact, if you had extra faders, you could install them in the subgroup positions and not connect audio. Just "Assignable" faders for whatever.  Before I reconfigured the Neve 8108 as a center-section console, the master fader was wayyy over on the right side. I would grab an unused fader near the center area and group it with the master fader so I could fade the mix whilst sitting between the speakers.=)

Ok that is great

any lead to flying faders Larrychild.... can you gimme some link or something where to start
my mci is fully functional

now its time to pimp it

with some additional stuff

;)

Attachments

• MCi VS MCI .jpg
    MCi VS MCI .jpg
    87 KB · Views: 51
I want to find a system myself for this Pacific console in my living room. Ebay will have one, some day, I'm sure.I think you should first get a single fader-pack on loan and attempt to verify that it is mechanically possible to shoehorn into a 5oo module before buying a system.

Larrchild said:
I want to find a system myself for this Pacific console in my living room. Ebay will have one, some day, I'm sure.I think you should first get a single fader-pack on loan and attempt to verify that it is mechanically possible to shoehorn into a 5oo module before buying a system.

where .... I dunno where to search :(

also I live in croatia..that is far from any flying faders :(

Latest posts

Back