DPDT or 4PDT pushbuttons

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

Looking for CHASSIS-MOUNT (not PCB-mount) DPDT or 4PDT pushbuttons that would be suitable for console mute and channel assign switches. Must be reasonably priced because I'm gonna need a lot of them! Any suggested brands and suppliers, preferably in the USA?

Digikey sells E-Switch push-button switches with brackets to do panel mounting. They come with silver or gold contacts. You need to buy the little round color caps separately. Follow the link to EG1004-ND and download the pdf to find the exact configuration you need. If you have the Digikey catalog you will be able to locate the ones with mounting brackets also.

Tamas

Mouser has a listing for 4PDT Cannon pushbutton switches. Minimum order 25 at $1.10.
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=383217&e_categoryid=142&e_pcodeid=61101

dave-

I just redid all the buttons on my console with e-switch, they are easy to work with and the action is pretty confident for a mute switch, ie, you not gonna bust it under your finger during a power mute or something...

dave

Thomas: Thanks for the link to the Cannon switches, but those are PCB-mount. This is a point-to-point wired project.

CJ: I'm building a mixer.

Dave: I've heard good things about the E-Switches; they seem to be a standard choice for this application. I wish they offered one with a threaded bushing as opposed to a bracket. (Only one hole to drill as opposed to three). So, what's a "power mute?" ;)

A power mute? thats when like you are standing on your toes with your fingers spread across 5 mutes, waiting for the one at which point you put the entire weight of your body into the mute...

Automation is for pussies...

dave

power mute works on a group mute button as well...

new console has two group mutes, SOOO awesome!

If you arent breaking a sweat, your not doing a proper rock and roll mix.

dave

Word up!

Mixing is a performance, and automation is for pussies! :grin:

The old school guys used to spin two or three rotary faders with each hand, and they didn't even have mutes.

Back