Event TR8 RF Challenge

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skrasms

So I have an "old" pair of Event TR-8 Studio monitors. The issue at hand is that they are incredibly prone to picking up RF and demodulating it. That was rarely an issue at my old place, but since moving I am getting a different radio station on each speaker that is louder than some of my source material. It is unbearably annoying.

The following is known:
The signals coming out are from FM radio
Disconnecting the audio cables from the speakers makes no difference on the radio signal out
Clamping ferrite onto the power cables makes no difference on the radio signal out
The "input sensitivity" trim control makes no difference on the radio signal out

It seems like the problem has to be a poor design on the inside, so I hacked one of them open and have it demodulating away on my workbench. While being treated to the hits of the 80's, 90's, and today, I wondered if anyone here has any experience with these speakers. A schematic or anything would be really helpful. I'm hoping there's a place somewhere I can stick a cap or some ferrite to filter out the FM radio waves being picked up.

Latest posts

Back