Recaping a mixing desk with different caps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37518

Ok so i want to recap my MCI JH-500 C series desk, i will be using Panasonic FM and FC since i cant find FM's in all the measures. But my question is this: Since FM's have lower impedance than FC's, should i use FC on input stages and FM on output stages to keep the high impedance on the imput and low impedance on the output?.

For example:

My built-in preamps have a 470 uf cap in the input, and 2200uf/50v on the output, i cant find the 2200uf cap on FM series only the 470uf, so is there a problem if i use FM in the 470 uf (input) and FC on the 2200uf cap (output) or will ill have any impedance issues?

Thanks

Having investigated the cap specs yourself, you will probably have the answers to hand on this:
What is the impedance of the FM caps you propose to use?
What is the impedance of the FC caps you propose to use?
I'll be able to give a better-informed answer once this info is at hand.

Gareth.

Well exactly the impedance of each cap i dont know, all i know is whats stated in the data sheet of the caps, The FC caps appear as "Low impedance caps" and the FM's appear as "40-70% lower impedance than FC series" so yes, FM are lower impedance than FC's. In that case should i use FM's on outputs and FC's on inputs?, or it doesnt really matter?

Latest posts

Back