Where to find discrete op-amp pins and sockets?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robomatique

I have been looking for a while now and maybe I am just blind, but I really can't find sockets and pins for the discrete op-amps (as the melcor) in europe / UK.

Or maybe I could just solder it to the boeard. How do you do it?

Please help me!

Robert

This has been up before and I think Kev provided us with some farnell no:s
I have used the Harwin sockets part no:149-319 and they work fine for 1mm pins ( part2 page 353) a 2mm drillbit works fine for the knurled socket.
Don't know if the pins Kev recommended works. part no:147-892 ( part1 page 397) as the pin is only 0,71mm, maybe the 329-563 works better! I have ordered a pack of these to see if it works! let you know soon!

John Hardy has some info on the 990 PDF. Look at like page 5 I think.

http://www.johnhardyco.com/pdf/990.pdf

He shows some sockets and talks about the pins.

[quote author="Tekay"]This has been up before and I think Kev provided us with some farnell no:s
I have used the Harwin sockets part no:149-319 and they work fine for 1mm pins ( part2 page 353) a 2mm drillbit works fine for the knurled socket.
Don't know if the pins Kev recommended works. part no:147-892 ( part1 page 397) as the pin is only 0,71mm, maybe the 329-563 works better! I have ordered a pack of these to see if it works! let you know soon![/quote]

Tack!

They are not for free... couldn't even dream that they could cost that much..

Robert

www.mil-max.com/

I got free samples off of mill max it's too bad I can't count though as I only asked for 24 needed 32 Fred Forrsel has the styock numbers needed

Kerrr-bump!

Does anyone have any latest first-hand experience with any Mill-Max alternatives in Europe? How about the Farnell numbers up there..? I'm gonna need a lot of sockets and Mill-Max is just not available here.

I'm looking for these also. The Farnell sockets 149-319 look fine - not exactly cheap though. But I can't find any matching pins on the Farnell site. I can get these from a Danish supplier:

2130.jpg

They are cheap, but not gold plated...

[edit]The Farnell type 149-318 socket should be fine also. According to the datasheet the contacts are gold plated on that type also.[/edit]

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I am looking for some female mating pins that will take pins from 2520 op amps, I know that this has been covered before, but i have an added requirement.
up until now i have been using the pins that Jeff sells at Classic API and then enlarging the holes on vero board so that they will fit, but this is a somewhat in elegant approch and i am now looking for sockets that will fit straight into the 1mm holes. the item that i have found is https://www.mill-max.com/products/rec/1313 and the only available source for these is digikey http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-search/en?pv30=1&k=1313-0-15&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

could someone have a quick look over them to double check that these will accept 2520 pins, below is the dimensions of the pins that Jeff uses in his op amp kits. much appreciated.
Mill-Max #3103200210000080 @ $0.20 each
Contact Finish: 20μ” Gold Over Nickel
Flange Diameter: 0.070" (1.77mm)
Plated Thru Hole Diameter: 0.043" (1.09mm)
Pin Diameter: 0.040" (1.02mm)
Length: 0.402" (10.21mm)

Arthur

Latest posts

Back