Purple MC77 Questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Does anyone have this?  I purchased the kit second hand, and no docs came with it.  The Purple site has nothing,  and I did find the one that was hosted on Frank's NRG site, but it doesn't make reference to the cap numbers, only lists some parts.  Does anyone have anything else kicking around?

Thanks so much!!
Sig

Ok, so I've received parts lists and lots of info from others, I've scanned through the entire newest schematic and come up with the different components from this version to the old ones, which were plenty, but I still have many unanswered questions and am hoping someone can clear things up for me.

I am using the MC77v44 boards dated 2006:

1. The large Bypass Relay - RL1.  It's not labelled on the board, and nothing in the schematics.
2. The Diodes beside each relay - D44, D43, D40, D41, D42 - no clue what these are...are they FDH333?  There was way more included with the kit than I needed...again, nothing about relays or these diodes that I can see on the schematic.
3. Where can I get the 2 large 1/4" jacks that are for stereo link on the rear of the unit?
4. The clamp for the input tranny - where can I get this and how exactly is it connected electrically?

Thanks for any help guys!
Sig

1. look at the 2nd page of the MC77 schematic
2. look at the 2nd page of the MC77 schematic
3. standard neutrik part, mouser, etc
4. VR1A can clamp, mouser; not connected electrically

Thanks for the info Ed.  I tell you though, I'm looking really hard and I just can't see it...  Do I have the wrong page 2 shematic?  It says MC76 and is dated for 7/97 which seems old, but out of the 2 different manuals and schematics I have, this is all there is.

MC77%20Schematic%20Page%202.jpg

Found the clamp at Mouser - http://ca.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=539-VR1A - had to type in 539-VR1A.

Thanks so much!
Sig

Page 1, upper right corner: Relay RL1 W 1N4403 D4S DS2 AROMAT
Bypass relay controlled by bypass on meter switch assemby

Page 2: Meter switch RL1 BYPASS GND

Oh balls.  The more I looked, the less I saw.  It's like those damn pictures you stare at and are supposed to see the sailboat or some shit.

Thanks for that.

Sig

Haha thanks.

Ok, so here's a dilemma.  I cannot find any place in the US that will sell this Aromat part DS2YE-S-DC12V that won't charge me $100 surcharge for shipping it to Canada.  However, Mouser comes up with this when I punch in that part:

http://ca.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=DS2YE-S-DC12V

It's clearly a substitute, but is it any good to use?  Or does anyone have any extras to sell?

Thanks!
Sig

Siegfried Meier said:
2. The Diodes beside each relay - D44, D43, D40, D41, D42 - no clue what these are...are they FDH333?  There was way more included with the kit than I needed...again, nothing about relays or these diodes that I can see on the schematic.

Thanks for any help guys!
Sig

Mostly diodes beside relays are to stop back emf when the relay is de energised.  If these are for this purpose then they will be across the relay coil but in reverse polarity.  A 1n4001 will do in this position.

I am assembling two of the exactly same version boards at the moment. I am using a Matsushita relay of that part number, bought them quite cheap, at a guess think they were no more than US$5. Will have to buy some more parts this week, if you need some I can pick them up for you and post.

What is the transformer clamp you are talking about, the Altran input transformers Purple supplied me just solder directly to the PCB, I see no reason why they would need an extra clamp?

Yeah any old IN400# will do for D41 - D44.
Cheers
Michael

Back