stuff you find on the web that makes you shake you head

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?s=11439e5bd97d24616e6e399cefefc066&threadid=12356&perpage=15&highlight=rode&pagenumber=3

Read the Jim W last one in the thread. Make me wonder what he knows?

What crap the stock capsule sucks in that microphone and there is nothing wrong with the stock semiconductors. Yes the caps need to be upgraded. The Mit polypro stuff is hype IMO a good not expensive polypro is as good as the expensive stuff IMO.

Also make wonder if they lurk here and take ideas. I had a mod to up the dcto dc converter part of the standard china circuit, you add a 1n4148 in line with the 6.8V zener the capsule voltage goes up but you loss headroom.

That 20mm capsule overloads easy on bass and it trying to do the shopes (sp) thing with the ring around the capsule.

Anyone else see stuff on the web make you say "What"?

Gus,

Not to take anything away from anyone here, but I think the results of your testing and modifications have shown many times that the capsule is the biggest factor in making a good mic. And if the capsule sounds bad to begin with, all the modding possible with the electronics will not make it sound any better.

HTH!
Charlie