MXL 603 Capsule Adapter for AKG CK series and Bayonet Style

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey audiophreak,

I opened up my royer modded 2001 mics...I used a.1uf Jupiter cap & 1.0uf Multicap.  I moved the tube to the other side of the board to get them to fit.  These are coupling caps so I used caps that I thought would be musical, and they are in this circuit.  Much better than the poly caps that I originally had in there.

Looking forward to the adapter!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks !    I will try the same, I just love this stuff !
  I checked out that Michael Percy audio, looks like quality stuff, a little expensive, but I'm sure its worth it.

Thanks again,
                    Chip

;D

Not meaning to sound impatient in the least but I have a tendency to lose these threads and miss out on the buys..so...any motion on this? It is a really cool idea....

Ray

Hi ray, and All,

I spoke to the machine shop today, they got the material for the outer casing  and insulator, but are still waiting for the brass center pin stock to come in. Ray, if you click on the " Notify" tab/button, lower right, you will get an email when ever anything is posted to this thread, and I will post here first before I list the purchase.

It doesn't look very likely to have them made before Christmas, but maybe a few days after.

Note: I used one last weekend with a CK1 capsule on a Jazz Guitar rig - ( Clean and full of tone ) in a small 780 seat hall, its a very "Lively" room, and it was the most transparent, completely clean, sound I have ever heard.

Will post as soon as I hear anything,

I hope you All have Safe and Happy Holidays,

Thanks,
                      Chip

;D

Hi All,

The machine shop go the rest of the material in, and stated possibly next Tuesday or Wednesday, then I have to pick them up and then get the payment and ship them out.

In all fairness, I have decided to close the sale to any more " Interested " people. I only have enough material for the number of adapters you all have specified so far. If there are " extras" I will make them available, and if there are enough people how show " Interest" after the sale, I might make another run of them.

When I get the Adapters from the machine shop, I will post here first to let everyone know I have them, then post the sale in Buy/sell/trade with PayPal info.

Thank you All so much,
                                  Chip

;D

Hi All,

I got half of the Adapters today and the other half will be ready tomorrow, I will post in the Black market in a few hours.

The List I have is as follows:

Matti - for 2
  CraigMorris - for 1
  Brad McGowan - for 1
  Denyle Guitars - for 2
  Tornado Ted - for 2
  e-oelberg - for 2
  Ray Solinski - for 1
  Rossi - for 2
  Snooty - for 1
  Bugfight - for 1
  oscarvein - for 2 

I will post in the Black Market in a couple of hours

I think that was everyone befor I did the cut-off,
  This is all subject to payment of course,

Thanks for the support,

Chip

;D

Hi audiophreak

don't want to be a bugger, but I posted before mitsos and usekgb and I'm not on the list  :'( :'( :'(

Do you have any left?

cheers,

Nico

audiophreak said:
Hi,

Mitsos
  usekgb

Your both on the list !

Thanks for the support,

Chip

;D

Hi Nico,

I apologies, I should have been more clear,

If there are any unclaimed, I will make them available on a first come, first served basis on posts made in this thread, and yes Nico, you are first on the list, then

Mitsos, usakgb, francoisn, and so on...

sorry for the confusion, I'm still new to all this,  ;)

Thanks for the support,
                                    Chip

:)

Hi All,

in no particular order:

Rossi - Paid - Shipped
Craig Morris - Paid - Shipped
Bugfight - Paid - Shipped

Thanks again for the support,

Happy New Year  ;)

Chip

Back