MXL 603 Capsule Adapter for AKG CK series and Bayonet Style

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

in no particular order:

Rossi - Shipped
Bugfight - Shipped
Denyle Guitars - Shipped
Craig Morris - Shipped
Raysolinski - Shipped

Note: If you havent sent the old ones back, Please do so - I can re-use the insulators and contact pins  ;D

Ray - I miss the Guinness too - noth'n like a cold pint ! Thanks so much

Thanks All for your patience and understanding,
                                                                Chip

OK - on to the waiting list,

Oscarvein- x2
Nhaudio - x1
Mitsos - x2
usakgb - x2
ubxf- x1
Timmygrimm - x2
Emperor-TK - x2
Synthi - x3
Snooty - x1

the Paypal info is in the Black Market - please leave Name and shipping address in comment section of Paypal and your on-line name (avatar)

I will wait till Thursday for Payment then ship on Friday.

Thanks,
          Chip

Hi All,

Synthi - Paid - Shipped
    Emperot-TK - Paid - Shipped

Update - I have about 12 Adapters not spoken for - up for Grabs

Also - now that a few of you have them - any reports on different capsules and how they sound ?

Thanks,
            Chip

Hi All,
        I thought I would share some stuff I found/figured out over the last few weeks:

1.)    MXL 603s have 3-- thats right THREE different bodys !!!  ( Dont worry....all the threads are the same)

One is the original body style with the three tiny little screws that secure the body tube to the connector base
              I found a second style - the " MXL 603 Mogami " - and the Body tube on THIS one is BRASS and THREADS on to the connector base... MUCH BETTER!
              And yet a third style that is like the second but it does not say "Mogami" and the label or badge is PRINTED on the body tube not embosed or engraved like the first two.  ::)

2.)  I just finished a Gyraf G9, my first lage project and it KICKS ASS !!!  - Thanks Jacob -  anyway, I had these PCB mount screw connectors hanging around, and had an Idea.... the perf board I had was the right spacing and the connector fit, and it also fit inside the body tube, I just hot glued it to the perf board ..making a socket for the tube, I used a 5703wb tube and copied the C60, but with the pin combining of the 5840 in this and Royers circuit it makes for a nice tiddy Mod without having to fly the leads over, under and around, you just run the wire from the connector to the terminal pins.  - sweet right?    ;)

Here is a link to show the differences, I left the one w/ the printed label out because other than that, its  no different than the brass threaded one   

http://picasaweb.google.com/audiophreeek/603Mogami?feat=directlink

Hello all,

Many years later and this looks precisely like what I'm looking for. Are these still in production? I'd like to order two, if so.

Best,
Matthew

Back