neumann lollipop capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumsolly

wondering if anyone knows the answer to a couple questions about the neumann lollipop capsules:
the connector only has 2 seperate contacts? one pin on the inside and the outside/housing which is connected to ground/mic body? so with an m7, for instance, only the backplate and front diaphragm are connected? the u47p, therefore, is cardiod only with an m7 capsule?

thanks, sorry for so many questions, Ben

Yes, that is correct. Somewhere I read about a modification that placed a reed switch in the housing that connected the back diaphragm to the front making the capsule perform as an omni when a small magnet was placed on the outside of the housing near it. Otherwise, its just a cardioid.

thanks burdij - I think you read that about the magnet here: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=13004.0

I've always wanted a cmv-563 or similar. I was thinking of putting my g7 or mk7 in something that could accept those capsules, but it would be a bummer not to be able to use the multiple polar patterns. I saw your (burdij's) cmv-563 clone. awesome diy! I like the idea of having an m7 in one bayonet head, a ck12 in another, a c37 etc... And I love the look of those mics. Maybe if I could figure out a way to just get omni and cardioid with a switch on the capsule head, that would be ok.
-Ben

Latest posts

Back