I don't know about you guys, but...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed?!?  One day my keys are right on, the next they are 10 cents sharp, the next they are 5 cents sharp but the overtones are like 30 cents sharp...How's a guy supposed to tune his tubes when the keys won"t even stay still?!?

sounds funny but i have wondered from time to time what room temperature is the best to record at.i know it makes a difference. i recall way back  rehersing in a high school friends garage. we'd head in there in the winter. the place freezing. start playing and the amps  and the room itself sounded like shit. after 10 minutes of the sound waves stirring up the molecules in the air the room warmed up and everything sounded "right". any one have an experience where temp effected a taping?

Somewhat temperature dependant
but to me it's the humitity that affects sound the most
how you hear the waves and how the waves translate

It's bone dry here in the winter

I remember someone telling me that Abbey Road Studio 1 (the orchestral room) HAS to stay below a certain temperature to sound right. I think it is @17 degrees iirc. Correspondingly, I find that some drumrooms don't sound good til they warm up, although I can well believe that that is a function of the drummer tooo!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Back