PASSIVE RELAY-BASED CONTROLL ROOM KITS BUILD/SUPPORT TREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2x VGA = 2 cables ;)

I found a cable with 5x Coax and 5x extra wires. This will do the trick ... hopefully  :)

hello
i'v got a problem. I'v just finished to populate the PCBs, and when i fire up, i can hear a Click and few pushbutton are lighted, but the Digit are non lighted, and when I turn the Alps encoder, nothing happens, no clicks. Same things if I push a button, nothing happend, the dark one stay dark, and the lighted ones stay lighted.

Where is the probleme ?

please help me.
Thanks a lot best regards.

another observation, the IC4 onb the control Card become really hot after jus few seconds of turning on.

hello again, thanks for the answer.

I checked the soldering, but i dont see anything special, but i measure just something around 3V instead of 5.  the electrolytics Condo are really hot too in few seconds. Maybe IC4 is dead ?

I'll check the solderings again. ???

Maybe you did the same like me and solderd the electrolytics wrong way in ;)

Pull the semis and try again. Measure the power without semis and check the electrolytics. Are we talking about the controller board or the main board?

On the Socket for the A6xx you see one corner different/keyed. If you soldered the socket wrong way ... well you have a problem. Otherwise you need a lot of brutal force to insert the chip in a different way then keyed. And yes i think it will destroy the chip if you insert it wrong way.

What means "maybe the a6833 is the wrong way"?

Hi Igor,

I was a little bit premature in saying that I had fixed my monitor controller :(

I thought the issue was going to be fixed when I resoldered a loose wire going to the trim switch.

Unfortunately after resoldering the wire to the switch, nothing on the control board works.  It looks like this wire wasn't the problem.

I have 12V going into the control board, and 5V after the rectifier so power isn't a problem 

I have removed all connections to the trim switch altogether just in case it is bad in some way, but I don't see why this would cause a problem anyway.

Can you suggest anything to try next?  I must admit, the schematic isn't helping me much because it's all to do with digital contro - not my speciality! 

Do you think it's possible that the CRM chip is fried?  I get the same result with or without the CRM chip in place when I turn the power on...

Cheers

Rob

Finally He is Alive.

The a6833 was in inserted in the wrong way, maybe with a little brutal force.
thanks for your answers Tom, and thanks igor for this wonderfull Kit.

here is it :
5169007071_a0d221b3e0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BJk7z7OB1E

Lucky bastard ;) Didnt think that the chip will survive this treatment  :)

Btw. if anybody needs just the remote control case like you see in the picture above, i will sell mine soon.

I was a little bit premature in saying that I had fixed my monitor controller Sad

I thought the issue was going to be fixed when I resoldered a loose wire going to the trim switch.

Unfortunately after resoldering the wire to the switch, nothing on the control board works.  It looks like this wire wasn't the problem.

I have 12V going into the control board, and 5V after the rectifier so power isn't a problem

I have removed all connections to the trim switch altogether just in case it is bad in some way, but I don't see why this would cause a problem anyway.

Can you suggest anything to try next?  I must admit, the schematic isn't helping me much because it's all to do with digital contro - not my speciality!

Do you think it's possible that the CRM chip is fried?  I get the same result with or without the CRM chip in place when I turn the power on...

Hi Rob, please check if any keyboard inputs are not connected.
I.e. pins 15....22 are on +5V thru pull-up resistors,
and there are pulses at pins 2...6.

Check SPI going to A6833, 8,9,10 of microcontroller - if lines are not shorted.
Check without 74AC125 in case of whatever.

Maybe, microcontroller chip gone, maybe, something is shorted at control board.
No prob, I have one spare control board, and can send it for free with
pre-prog'd chip at chip self cost + shipping. Feel free to mail/PM.

Thanks for replying Igor.  I need to ask a couple of beginner questions  :-[

Please can you just explain quickly :

please check if any keyboard inputs are not connected.
I.e. pins 15....22 are on +5V thru pull-up resistors

So I'm looking for +5V in these places (red dots)?

crm.JPG

and there are pulses at pins 2...6.

Never done this before - so I'm looking on a scope for regular 5V square wave pulses at a certain frequency?

Check SPI going to A6833, 8,9,10 of microcontroller - if lines are not shorted.
Check without 74AC125 in case of whatever.

Not a problem...

No prob, I have one spare control board, and can send it for free with
pre-prog'd chip at chip self cost + shipping. Feel free to mail/PM.

This could come in really useful if I can't find the problem using my limited troubleshooting skills ;)  I'm away with work for a few days so it'll take me a while to get to this, but please keep the spare parts for me.

Cheers,

Rob

I'm back at home now and had a go at this testing.

I can see pulses of some kind on pin 2 of the controller chip, but they are not square waves.  I'll try and get a pic.

Pin 6 doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Can you have a look at my questions in the post above?  Having had a go at this, it's obvious I have got the wrong idea.  There isn't 5V on any of pins 15 - 22 so I'm guessing there should not be?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob:
Seems uP is dead.
Talk to me, shipping address etc, will put control PCB inside, 'cause there is one spare (without audio part).

Any reason i shouldn't use this for the encoder?
i dont want to pay a 20$ to get the unit from newark/farnel
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=102-1762-ND

Should work. Some encoder types using different A/B pin arrangement.
Worst case, pins 1 and 3 can be swapped if turning enc CW the level goes down.

Hi igor,

I didn't receive my 3crm full kits... i paid it the 17th october... is it normal??
what's append?
regards

choko

Back