PASSIVE RELAY-BASED CONTROLL ROOM KITS BUILD/SUPPORT TREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Janzoulou said:
Another Question: will this DC/DC Converter work?
http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/dc-dc-wandler-isoliert/3114821/ It has 65mA and 2W... Maybe this post is placed wrong here as it is more about TB-Combiner?  ::) Thanks again!

Heres the one igor recommended http://il.farnell.com/murata-power-solutions/mea1d1215sc/converter-dc-dc-sil-1w-15v/dp/1671264?_requestid=533100

a117_meter_ohne_mono.jpg

This is what I am including with an additional mono-meter (no pic so far...). Buffer amp, +20dB button included.

It show dB, not VU and if switched off it sits at 0dB. Design will be White coated with orange Letters. Cant wait to get the panel-cut from Frank.  8)

Regarding the "latch" - problem i decided to put an orange LED on the front panel, indicating the TB-mic being open.....

For the ones not combining audio- and CRM-PCB in one housing: I think they could use one Line of VGA-Cable to send the 5V to CRM - Unit and include a LED into the Panel?

jimkeaney said:
Heres the one igor recommended http://il.farnell.com/murata-power-solutions/mea1d1215sc/converter-dc-dc-sil-1w-15v/dp/1671264?_requestid=533100

Thanks jimkeaney! But I already noticed that my Meter - Section also needs +/-15V so I don't need that conversion from 12V anymore and got the right voltage already.

Anyone have a part number of the pushbuttons? Our two kits came with the "knobs" but not the pushbutton that goes soldered into the pcb and i need to order before the next week.
Thanks! ;D

Did you buy this kit recently? If so, I'm surprised those weren't included, since they are a good portion of this "complete kit". You should've received an $90 discount!

Here's the link from his BOM (but out of stock): http://il.farnell.com/multimec/3ftl600/switch-body-led-blue/dp/1132954

I see some here: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3FTL600/679-2228-ND/2034784?WT.z_cid=ref_octopart_dkc_buynow

Thanks for the link,
Well, he or his assistant forgot to put them in so Igor will send them next week as he is sick now.
Hope they arrive soon and i can use it on the studio and i'm going to put the other kit in a neve 8016, will take pictures when it's finished.
Have a nice day guys :)

So I got mine finished and it works pretty well. Strange how it feels after 8 years working in my studio with a " normal " CRM. Feel a litle bit ashamed about the set up i got... High - end pres, mic,s cables, acoustics and converters.... But in front of the speakers the weakest box was plugged in the circuit.

Anyway, this Kit is amazing, even if it is not DIY friendly, like Igor says.

The only thing i dont understand why it has no CUT - button as there IS a Cut - state on the microchip. Should be easy to modify, no?

Soon I will post some pics.

Cheers to all!

finished...  :)
935750_455163897885543_1308768257_n.jpg

399811_462763867142417_1483444666_n.jpg

For the TB I replaced the capsule in the MD 418 and found out the plexi got a small bulb inside!  8) Soon there will be light!

Hi All,
I'm finishing to build the control room but I can't figure out how to mount the seven-segment display because the pins do not match on the pcb.
I have to cut the pins in excess or not ?
Anyone can clarify that ??
Thank you in advance !!

Hi Janzoulou,
The dot on the display are oriented down right ??
all the three displays are the same or have a precise mounting sequence ?
Thank you Again !!

Don´t remember, but I htink yes. (as I remember logically it explains itself) and yes they are all the same.

Good luck!  8)

J

Also (if it's not already done) I remember the 7-segs sit in the same area as the ic sockets on the back. So just make sure you solder the correct side first ;) I cant remember which right now

HI jimkeaney,
you are right before you must solder the 7 segment display and after the big IC socket
i have another problem about the displays , two are labeled CM1-0302500 and one CM1-0301500-H
and i am confused about the right mounting order , and one of the two type not matching on the PCB pinout
can you help me to clarify this ??
thank you in advance
Fabio

Audioman said:
HI jimkeaney,
you are right before you must solder the 7 segment display and after the big IC socket
i have another problem about the displays , two are labeled CM1-0302500 and one CM1-0301500-H
and i am confused about the right mounting order , and one of the two type not matching on the PCB pinout
can you help me to clarify this ??
thank you in advance
Fabio

You may've received 3 of the same displays but from different stock (ie. different #'s). My kit did not include the 7-segs from Igor, so I purchased them here: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=5082-7650virtualkey63050000virtualkey630-5082-7650

I did have to trim a couple legs off so they would mount... and I think they only fit in one way. I used 3 identical displays, so I'm guessing it won't matter which order you put them.

Hi jimkeaney
The display are differents because the pinout is different
two of them are ok (i trim two legs on each one) but one (labeled CM1-0301500-H ) are not fitting on the PCB
so i must order it on RS with this code 113-4441
i have another issue if i place the 7 segments on the pcb the big socket on the other face remains raised , i must trim the pin of the 7 segments after soldering ?

Audioman said:
Hi jimkeaney
The display are differents because the pinout is different
two of them are ok (i trim two legs on each one) but one (labeled CM1-0301500-H ) are not fitting on the PCB
so i must order it on RS with this code 113-4441
i have another issue if i place the 7 segments on the pcb the big socket on the other face remains raised , i must trim the pin of the 7 segments after soldering ?

Yes, I probably trimmed the pins after soldering to keep it low profile.

Back