PASSIVE RELAY-BASED CONTROLL ROOM KITS BUILD/SUPPORT TREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jimkeaney @Janzoulou
I have another issue , you have mounted on the pcb the photoresistor and the reset switch ??
If yes can you give me the code (farnell, RS, Digikey) of the two parts ?
Thank you in advance
Fabio

Audioman said:
@jimkeaney @Janzoulou
I have another issue , you have mounted on the pcb the photoresistor and the reset switch ??
Thank you in advance
Fabio

Both are optional, I believe. You can reset the program using the trim button. Igor outlines the process earlier in this thread.

Audioman said:
@jimkeaney @Janzoulou
Thank you in advance
Fabio
You can leave out the reset switch.

Photoresistor used as brightness controll for 7-seg display.

No brightness controll: use 3k3 (brighter).....8k2(dim) resistor at the place of R20, ommit photoresistor and R21.
For me, optimal value is 5k6.

If you want to use brightness controll option, install R20,21 and use photoresistor-
allmost everything will work here... Roff >100k, Ron 0.3...2k.

Hello remaining few CRM builders. I finally finished my kit today and installed it into my studio. Blew a few things up along the way and learned a lot in the process. Special thanks to anyone who chimed in here to help out and Brian from TB Audio (user Horvitz) for providing lots of info/support for a product that wasn't even his :) Here are some photos if you care to see...

crm1.jpg

crm2.jpg

crm3.jpg

crm4.jpg

crm6.jpg

crm7.jpg

crm8.jpg

crm9.jpg

crm5.jpg

crm10.jpg

PS - anyone have any idea if it would possible to modify the Mon1 & 2 buttons so they aren't either/or but on and off. I miss being able to solo the sub :(

Hi jimkeaney,
Many compliments great job !!
How does it sound ??
about the sub solo problem
the sub is always working even if you press monitor 1 or monitor 2?
I ask because I have a sub genelec 7060A and I wanted to connect it to sub out
but I have not finished my kit and i don't know how it works
after finished i'm testing and I'll tell you my impression

I have another issue about the displays
do you have installed before or after the big socket on the other side of the pcb ? because if i solder before the displays i cannot reach some of the pin of the socket !!
I arrived the display was missing but is different than the kit
but if I try to mount the pcb corresponds perfectly to screen printing because it is a little more wide
anyone have the right code of the display kit ?

A picture of the two displays
right the display including in the kit
on left the rs components code 113-4441

Attachments

• displays.jpg
    displays.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 20
Audioman said:
Hi jimkeaney,
Many compliments great job !!
How does it sound ??
about the sub solo problem
the sub is always working even if you press monitor 1 or monitor 2?
I ask because I have a sub genelec 7060A and I wanted to connect it to sub out
but I have not finished my kit and i don't know how it works
after finished i'm testing and I'll tell you my impression

I have another issue about the displays
do you have installed before or after the big socket on the other side of the pcb ? because if i solder before the displays i cannot reach some of the pin of the socket !!
I arrived the display was missing but is different than the kit
but if I try to mount the pcb corresponds perfectly to screen printing because it is a little more wide
anyone have the right code of the display kit ?

Thanks. It sounds fine... It's passive so I don't hear anything noticeably different.

Thinking back I believe I installed the sockets on the back before soldering the displays in. It leaves only a tight space for soldering the displays, but I was able to okay.

The sub button works on or off. But if you are using both the MON1 & MON2 outputs for 2 sets of speakers, one pair will always be chosen (on) so there is no way to listen ONLY to the sub. I wish all 3 output buttons worked as on/off's... but Mon 1 & 2 toggle between. I don't know if this is a programming thing that cannot be modified?

Yes, your 2 different displays look silly. The bigger one on the left (in the photo) is the correct size. I provided you a link to the ones I bought on the previous page in this thread. Use them. They definitely fit and work. Heres that link again http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=5082-7650virtualkey63050000virtualkey630-5082-7650

My CRM had it's first full day today and I had an issue where the vocalist said my talk back level suddenly dropped severely in his headphones (about 8 hours into the session). Then about 30 minutes later the talk back audio had completely cut out. I didn't have time to tinker in that moment, but at the end of the day I checked the connection at the rack unit and everything looked proper. When I powered the unit down and back on, the talk back volume was working fine again. Curious to see if this happens again during tomorrows session. Any ideas out there?

Hi jimkeaney
Do you have the front panel design file of the remote control ?
because i can't find the correct height of the cutout for the display ...
anyone can clarify this ?
Thank you all
Fabio

Audioman said:
Do you have the front panel design file of the remote control ?
because i can't find the correct height of the cutout for the display ...
anyone can clarify this ?
Thank you all
Fabio
here we go https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3863856/BOX.zip

Hi Moby,
Thank you for the info !!
i don't have corel draw on my pc ....
can you tell me the value of the height of the cutout of display ?
because i have the height of the mono knob that is 83.7 mm but the display seems to be a little bit up
let me know
Thank you in advance !!
Fabio

Here's my FPE panel file. My window came out a little wider (maybe 3mm too wide on each side) and the bottom has a 4mm gap I could've tightened up.

http://www.devotionrecording.com/CRM/CRM-panel.fpd

Hi Jimkeaney,
Thank you for the file !!
The problem on the original drawing is no height for the display cutout
this is why your panel have a gap on bottom side of the display
so now i measure the PCB for found the measure
if i found the right measure i send you
Fabio

fabio, yes I think i tried my best to measure based on the pcb display location. hope yours comes closer. too late for me, my panel is done. but it looks fine. it's dark inside the controller case especially when the display lights are on, so it still looks nice.  ;)

PS my level pot didn't fit through the 6.5mm(as indicated) on a powder coated panel. just FYI. you might wanna go to 7 to have a little room. Also, thinking now I should've mounted that level pot a little higher from the board. not sure the shaft is tall enough for certain knobs to fasten to nicely.

Latest posts

Back