PASSIVE RELAY-BASED CONTROLL ROOM KITS BUILD/SUPPORT TREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moby said:
I can't see any reason for it . Again, that's just my 0.2c  8)

yes, I agree now that I see how little sense it makes in my set-up. If you work in a DAW mostly (like I do), the VU meters aren't as important as dbfs. Because say you're mastering right up to digital "zero" (could be +22db) Your VU meter will be pinned in the red! Even mixing at -10 dbfs, that would pin a VU. Maybe a dorrough/led/peak meter would've made more sense for me. That's why I'm reconsidering it now. Cosmetically though, it looks pretty cool  ;D

Hi all,
about the Vu now all is more clear , and now i ask you an advice
what kind of metering are suggested ? RTW PPM ?
or do you know any dbfs kit for sale ?
i'm asking you before close the front panel ....
let me know
Thank you in advance
Fabio

Audioman said:
Hi all,
about the Vu now all is more clear , and now i ask you an advice
what kind of metering are suggested ? RTW PPM ?
or do you know any dbfs kit for sale ?
i'm asking you before close the front panel ....
let me know
Thank you in advance
Fabio

Jlmaudio.com has some ppm led type kit. I probably should have gone with that myself

Audioman said:
this one ??
http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=100&added=1

Yeah, that's the one I was considering. Now I'm wondering if buying a pair of used Dorrough meters might be a cheaper solution.

Hey Igor,
      My CRM just started acting funny and I was looking for some advice.  Basically the overall level is way down and there is an overlaying distortion or noise floor that is as loud as the signal if not louder.  This happens on every input to every output so it appears to be a global issue.  All of the settings on the desktop controller are correct.  I have verified this from various sources and tested the cabling all the way to the DB-25 to TRS snake that enters the input side of the CRM and everything is clean.  I checked the DB-25's and they all appear to be in perfect condition. Does anyone have any idea about what could have happened or where I can start checking for issues?  Right now I am unable to work because of this issue.  I would describe the sound as if you pushed a mix through a heavy limiter to the point at which it was mostly distortion and no headroom.  AS I said the volume is also much lower.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. thanks

I would like to have the idea and help, but i'ts hard to believe that passive network can cause this kind of distortion. Are you sure that when you connect your source directly (no controller at all) to the monitor amp issue dissapier?

Hi All,
I need an info about wiring .
I need to wire a second remote control connector on the front panel of my unit, anyone have the pinout to follow ?
Let me know
Thank you in advance
Fabio

I'm about a month into using this now. Is anyone else noticing this issue... Occasionally my mix volume will seem softer or louder than where it was earlier that day (in relation to the controllers volume position). For example... sometimes "-20" doesn't seem as loud as "-20" was the day before. Sometimes I noticed that the relays don't always click, especially when I go lower on the level knob (like below -45. I feel like there is pent up resistance or something I cannot properly articulate. So I restart the unit and that solves the issue. Curious what causes this?

Hi All,
I have a stability problem with my unit,
The problem is : when you switch on the unit and turn the level knob up or down the the level increase only !!
the level incease until reach the 0 level but after a few minutes the unit reach a sort of stabilization and all is working good for hours !!
since i received a wrong type of ic's in the kit (IC2 74AC125N) i go to my local electronics shop and i buy the right one maybe is the wrong one anyone can confirm is the right one ?
Let me know
Thank you in advance
Fabio

Moby said:
I would like to have the idea and help, but i'ts hard to believe that passive network can cause this kind of distortion. Are you sure that when you connect your source directly (no controller at all) to the monitor amp issue dissapier?

@ CapRock: did you try this?

AudioCommand said:
Any one can make a copy from his V2 software eeprom? I need a new one and Igor is not reachable!

Thank's dom
It's not a big deal to make a copy but I think it's copy protected. It that case it's almost imposible :/

Is it possible to use a standard psu instead of the switching mode psu?
I'm going to put the CRM into a mixing console and it would be easy to use the console psu.
I searched the thread but couldn't find an answer.

Ben

Hello,

we are now three CRM builders around the world with out the CRM 2.0 eeprom!!! Altogether we need 5 CRM eeproms!!!
Any one here need it too, can make contact to Igor, or can help anyway?

With out this IC we never finish the CRM and we buy a lot money for trash!!! I think that's a little fraud....!?!

Thank's Dominic 

Benny said:
Is it possible to use a standard psu instead of the switching mode psu?
I'm going to put the CRM into a mixing console and it would be easy to use the console psu.
I searched the thread but couldn't find an answer.

Ben
It's possible, but you have t check if your console Psu has spare power.

Back