[Terratec Phase88/EWS Rack] wordclock adapter-cable (looking for wiring-diagram)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Hi,

I have a Terratec 'Phase 88 Rack Firewire' (19" 1HE) audio-interface upcoming but it
comes without the adapter-cable that translates the 15-pin D-sub connector to/from two BNC-plugs.

Terratec can't help me here, neither with an adaptor nor info about it...  :eek:

So if anyone happens to have this Terratec interface and that cable as well, would you be so
kind to throw an ohm-meter to it to check how that adapter-cable is wired ?

I can guess, measure or 'scope some connector-info when the unit arrives but
info about the adapter-cable itself will be more solid.

BTW, I saw the earlier Terratec EWS Mic2 & Mic8 have an alike 15-pin D-sub connector,
(doing wordclock-I/O but also MIDI); who knows the wordclock-portion is wired identically ?
If you happen to have one of these then info welcomed as well.

Thanks, much appreciated,

Peter

clintrubber said:
BTW, I saw the earlier Terratec EWS Mic2 & Mic8 have an alike 15-pin D-sub connector,
(doing wordclock-I/O but also MIDI); who knows the wordclock-portion is wired identically ?
If you happen to have one of these then info welcomed as well.

Thanks, much appreciated,

Peter

I know this is an amazingly old thread, but I'm also after the exact same thing (for the MIC 8) if anyone can help out.

Could it be possible to reverse engineer a cable if I took photos of the PCBs? The cable carries two MIDI connections and two word clock connections.

All I really need is the word clock which if I'm correct should be coaxial. Is that correct? Would two word clock connections use two separate pins each or share a ground?BTW I have no idea how a word clock works so if it doesn't have a ground as such then that's my bad.

Kris

Back