need pinout for röde (rode) K2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil grill

yes i need the pinout for the röde (rode) K2 mic (cable gone).
my guess is that it's the same on the rest of röde's tube mics.

a schematic would be awesome.

cheers!

i'm gonna have to dig deeper into this as all the voltages exept for pin 7 change when i'm adjusting the characteristic pot.

in omni i get:
4. -6,5 V
5. -9,7 V
6. -118 V
7. -6,7 V

and in figure 8 i get:
4. 0,3 v
5. 0,2 V
6. 0 V
7. -6,7 V

seems i have to fix the powersupply and then i'll know the pinout anyhow.

but a schematic would be great.
cheers

That sounds a bit mad. You could always pop the mic open and trace the schematic. Or ask Rode.

one worry i have now is that the mic could be damaged since the powersupply is wacko.
this turned out to be a lot more work than i expected.
drinking beer now so i'm not gonna do much more than maybe give this thing a thought.

IIRC The Rode NTK/K2 is a neg supply circuit.  Remember Tubes work by the difference in voltage as long as the plate is more positive than the cathode etc they will work OK.

Take off the body and see what the wire colors are going to the PCB pad numbers.

You need a load on the supply lines to get a good reading so use ohm law  

Look up the 6dj6 fil current and use ohms law to calculate the resistor load at 6VDC

http://www.diyfactory.com/projects/gus/ntkmods.htm

Note I would not do the mods as written, note it if from 2004.  And I would need to check a K2/NTK to make sure I have a correct schematic no one has posted a correction and maybe people forgot about the DIY factory?

note the markings on the PCB board K2 iss2

In the NTK I Looked at
Pad numbers on the BOARD
1 and 4 are ground
6 is -120VDC
2 and 3 are the outputs
5 is - the filament
I would quess 7 would be the pattern on the PCB pads
Check the pad to XLR pins in the body

Fil is raised in respect to the cathode for lower noise   120 -6 is 114V above the -120VDC

It is a inverting x -1 charge amp with a tube input and a push pull output stage if I drew it correct

thank you all for the help!  :-*

this is such an awesome site!

been a little busy and now i hurt my pinkie finger really bad so i can't use my left hand.  :'(
i wo'nt be doing much of anything the next couple of days but i'm really keen on getting this mic working.

cheers!

Back