It is snowing like crazy here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not now but already had ours first 7 inches a week ago....and will on  sunday another 7.
the worst news its for the 24th...another 7 inches....

We got like 6 inches of snow here in Seattle!

It's not supposed to snow in Seattle.

I wiped out chasing the dog in the yard.  You'd think a guy born and raised in southern Ontario would have better snow legs.

snowdog.gif

Mike

yeah , we don't got no stinking snow
just car breaking cold
unless you're inviting us all down to the gulf coast  .................

what's more in their cheap-assness they've hardly plowed the streets
which are now Rock hard icy and car breaking in their own right with
all the potholes and ridges  ..........someone adopt me !

Getting our asses kicked out here in the woods around Seattle.  5-6" of snow already, it was 17F (-8C ) degrees  when I woke up this morning. 

Here's some clips from the local weather forecast (fum = Cascade Foothills), east winds are coming from the wrong direction for us, which means the trees aren't used to it, and they are sporting extra snow weight.

# The foothills could see east winds of 50-70 mph, gusting to 70-90 mph Saturday morning through Sunday. A HIGH WIND WARNING is in effect here. Widespread and potentially prolonged power outages are a concern in this region, combined with below-freezing temperatures and dangerous wind chills.
# The Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue Metro area could see 3-8" of snow Saturday evening into Sunday. Gusty winds in the eastern parts of this region could get to 50-60 mph.
# Blizzard warnings are in effect for the far north coast and Cascades where heavy snow will combine with strong winds for whiteout conditions.

Rock the house!  :)

I left West Seattle for the first time since the snow fell last night.  I was shocked with how little snow there was in Ballard.  Over here in West Seattle I bet we have over 8 inches on the ground now.  The streets are a mess.

Bracing for the wind and snow tonight.

Here's to hoping we don't lose power!

Mike

Just got back from a gig.
Friggin' cold here.
Man they don't call this the windy city for nothin'!
Did I mention it's balls out cold?!  With the wicked wind chill we're gettin' some good subzero
action round these parts.
Load out sucked but donuts in the parking lot were fun!  ;D
I'm sure glad to be back at the pad nerding out with some Dr. Who and a hot cup 'o tea!
Should break out the whiskey..that'll get the juices flowing.
;)

The good thing about snow is that it just can't be that cold in order for it to snow
we keep getting a day of slow snow building up , then wicked windchill
-22 is nothing but add the north wind and boy is it stiff

http://www.winnipegweather.com/

Winnipeg+More info
Past 24 Hours
Radar Imagery
Satellite ImageryCurrent Conditions
-22 °C
Observed at: Winnipeg Richardson Int'l Airport
Date: 7:00 AM CST Sunday 21 December 2008
Condition: Light Snow
Pressure: 102.8 kPa
Tendency: rising
Visibility: 16 km

Temperature: -22.0°C
  Dewpoint: -26.5°C
  Humidity: 67 %
  Wind: NNW 32 km/h
  Wind Chill: -36

Show Details

Issued : 5.00 AM CST Sunday 21 December 2008

Today
Day: Light snow ending early this morning then clearing. Blowing snow early this morning. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming northwest 20 this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 24 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 39.
Night: Cloudy periods. Becoming clear near midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 38.

Monday
Sunny. Wind becoming south 20 km/h late in the day. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 35.

Tuesday
Sunny. Low minus 27. High minus 24.

Wednesday
Sunny. Low minus 28. High minus 21.

Thursday
Sunny. Low minus 24. High minus 16.
+More info
Record Values
Historical WeatherHistorical DataYesterday   Max: -16.3°C Min: -18.9°C Precip: 6.5 mm     Normals   Max: -11°C Min: -21°C Today   Sunrise: 8:24 Sunset: 16:30 Text Only
Mobile
RSS
Date Modified: 2008-12-10
Top of PageImportant Notices

+More info
Text Forecast
Air Quality
UV ForecastForecast  Today

-23°C
-28°C

Mon

-23°C
-27°C

Tue

-24°C
-27°C

Wed

-21°C
-28°C

Thu

-16°C
-24°C

Still snowing!

Icicle_21Dec08.jpg

Street_21Dec08.jpg

This is actually pretty typical of the New York winters I knew as a kid. We've just been "spoiled" by milder winters in recent years.

PS: That 3-foot icicle was dispatched immediately after the photo was taken

been stuck in central illinois since friday playing with wires...hope to be back home soon but the forecast is not good.
1222081607a.jpg

1220081356a.jpg

1221081353a.jpg

1222081604a.jpg

Don't think I'd survive. I feel cold here in country South Australia when it gets down to +10c. I'm 64 yrs old and the only snow I've seen is from an aircraft on top of a mountain.

Latest posts

Back