Happy Chanukah

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

Well, the sun has set here in New York, so I'd like to wish all my friends Happy Chanukah.

Although I'm not Jewish myself, I will be eating latkes tonight just as a gesture of respect (and because I love 'em!).  ;D

Dave, I tried out a new Knish-joint this morning on the way into work... -they're FRIED!!!

Yowsah!!!

I thought of you with me buying the Knish, then I remembered it being the first day of Chanukah...

By the way the knish was a a 7/10... but only a DOLLAR for a decently-sized one... and they have 9" diameter lead-tummy monsters for $1.75... My usual (8/10) place serves baked ones, but they're quite small, and $2.25 each... plus it's about five miles further away. -Looks like I've stumbled onto a new deli!!!

Keith

Keith

Mmmm... knishes!

I didn't make it to Queens this year, so no Knish Nosh for me. And my local store stopped carrying Gabila's for some reason, so I'm knishless at the moment. But there are enough rich, fattening Christmas goodies in the house to fill the void for now.

I prefer the round baked kind myself.  Go here and order some for the holidays: http://knishery.com/

I prefer good old potato knishes but you must have access to proper deli mustard (your store may carry Hebrew National Mustard which will do in a pinch).  A Dr Browns soda would be the proper beverage.  I like Black Cherry but a real purist drinks Cel-Ray or sometimes Cream Soda. 

Real honest to goodness comfort food...  There's nothing better.

I like to visit Schimmel's for the historical vibe but I find the knishes kind of dry. Here's my favorite purveyor of baked knishes:

http://knishnosh.com/

But yes, Cel-Ray is THE drink to go with a knish, or any deli food for that matter.

NewYorkDave said:
I like to visit Schimmel's for the historical vibe but I find the knishes kind of dry.

I hear that.  Especially their Kasha.  I usually order from Katz's down the street.  I think they get them from Schimmel but I don't find them dry when I order from there.  Maybe it's because when I get them it's with the whole trifecta (Knish, Pastromi and Knedelochen). Yeah, it's a lot of food, but it's the best hangover cure around!

You guys are killing me!

We can't get the same stuff out here in S.F. There's House of Bagels in the city that does a really good job, but there's nothing like a New York bagel.

Haven't found any good knishes out here, but Dr Brown's Cel-Ray is indeed available.

Happy Hanukkah, everyone!

I respect ALL holidays! Gives me a chance to cook all the foods! You have to make them ALL this season. My friend Dave also jumps at the chance to make everything! (not NYD) Any recipes are welcome!

How do I make a Latki? dunno how it is spelled?

Ahemmm.... I living in Israel...Universe...Whatsoever...
Dunno how to count Nr of candle have to be switched ON....
Happy CHRISTMASS CHANUKA NEW YEAR
(There's some bottles og Laphroaig in my bar....)
Anyway...
TO ALL PEOPLE IN THIS UNIVERSE,
LAPHROAIG!!!!!
:)))))
BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!!

Igor/Marik,

Ya vam zhalayu novym godom, e fsyevo horosheva!!!

(...It's about all I know how to say. -I once had to record Ian Gillan from Deep Purple saying it at this time of year, as a message for radio broadcast in the old Russia, while I was working on an album with him about 20 years ago. -I had my mom do the translation for me, and I wrote it down phonetically for him to read, then recorded it and sent it off for broadcast... -A little backstory!)

Keith

Latest posts

Back