v676 can I get the lowdown?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

substitute

The various dials are a little confusing to me...
-hpf is pretty obvious
-stepped attenuator is as well, but what does the dial inside the knob do?
-and how bout the "attenuator" on the bottom

I guess I'm not sure how they all work together.

Also, regarding racking them up, if some one could verify/clarify my understanding of the pin out that would be great.

pin 1 + input
pin 2 - input
where does the shield connect?
Jumper 3 and 4
pin 19 + output
pin 20 - output
again, where does the shield connect?
Jumper pins 22 and 23

The power connections are a little confusing to me.  The schematic has two versions, one with pin 29 as -24v and one with 0v
pin 31 +24
pin 30 ground

THANKS

I have an V376 racked and it runs with 0V  and +24V. I supose that V676 runs on these too. I can't help you about controll info because I havent a v676 but I think that there are info in old threads, try to search for them. I remember when I rack my v376 and I found almost all the info in the forum old threads, not sure about V676

Arnau

Thanks for the info.  It was through old threads and reading the schematic that I was able to piece together a sort of sketch of what I think needs to happen.  I'm just hoping some one can double check my work so to speak.

I Have the V676a technical data sheet :

Operates at 24v dc +  and can work between minimum 21v dc and max 28v dc
Freq response 40Hz to 15kHz

0v at pin 29 chassis at pin 30 and 24v+ at pin 31
Pins 3&4 should be shorted and pins 22&23 also shorted.

I can mail it to you if you PM me an address

MM.

I found this post from Oliver Archut of tab-funkenwerk over at prosoundweb...
other than with the V672 were you have to bridge some pins to make x-former connections, the V676(a) has only chassis ground and audio ground, that you a) bridge or b) connect via a 100 Ohm resistor.

Do not put a potentiometer on the output or input, because it will suck you sound....

confusing-er and confusing-er, my guts tell me I might be shorting something to ground but I'm not sure how to handle a situation like that.

I got it.

The funny thing is you really do just follow the schematic, I had the orientation kind of skewed so things didn't end up in the right places. 

The only thing that doesn't seem right is the output is a little low.  The data sheet rates them at a nominal +6, I have to set the trim on my mixer to -10 to get a good signal.  Any thoughts?

THANKS EVERYBODY

wow low output? are you sure your not going into the line input? these thisngs have 80 db of gain the outer switch is 10 db steps and the inner pot swings you within that 10 db

Wilebee

I have the input wired to pins 1 & 2, and pins 3 & 4 jumpered per the schematic (I hope that's the right way to do it).  Using a condenser, I can set the gain about half way before the signal starts clipping but that signal barely shows up on my mixer (DA7) unless I give it a boost.

While I'm posting can anyone give me some advice regarding the mechanical aspects of racking telefunken modules?  It's obvious that I need to cut out a rectangle, but I'm not sure how to really secure the modules.

THANKS 

I remember that the relay module ( the one with all the silver boxes ) caused some problems with this and that the 676 worked if you pulled the module out. So there's trying that, definately something fishy about the relays in these. I like to rack up 676's 672's by putting them in place in the rack, marking then drilling the back holes of the module then securing them at the back through the bottom of the rack. Hope that helps.
Paul

I remember that the relay module ( the one with all the silver boxes ) caused some problems with this and that the 676 worked if you pulled the module out

Huh, freaky, did you have to jumper anything in the socket?

I like to rack up 676's 672's by putting them in place in the rack, marking then drilling the back holes of the module then securing them at the back through the bottom of the rack. Hope that helps.

It does, I couldn't get past trying to make those little clips work

THANKS

yes, in an ideal world we could figure out how to get those DANG little clips to work. After a while though it just feels good to not be the sort of person who drills holes in the front panels as old as he is.
P

I'll have to open up my rack and check how I have mine wired. maybe tonight. As for racks, Contact Mattias at Vintagecity.de he makes 2 module racks for around $200.00 for so.

Spent some time taking the relays in and out, doesn't seem to affect the output level, just makes things noisier with it out. 

Things definitely aren't adding up right, using an md 421 on acoustic guitar with the v676 dimed I have to give it about another twenty decibles, taking the v676 out of the equation I only need to turn the gain up on my mixer 15 maybe 20 db's to get it to the same level. 

Sometimes the v676 cuts out, if I tap the output transformer the signal comes right back.

If some one could verify the wiring of the i/o I will sign your praises to whomever will listen.  At least then I can focus on what to do next.

Latest posts

Back