Lexicon 224 Help... Battery Location?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbbubba

I have a couple of Lexicon 224s and one unit works except it will not change/load programs.
You are supposed to hit the "CALL" button and then select the new program, but mine won't change load.
I get no errors codes at boot up and there are no error LEDs illuminating on the cards.
It comes up in program #1 and sounds fine.
All parameters can be changed.

The problem is not with the remote because I have two remotes and the problem shows up with both remotes.

I have rebuilt the 5V / +/-15V supply (new electrolytics.)

WHERE IS THE MEMORY BATTERY LOCATED?
I have looked at looked and cannot find it!

That sounds like on a 200 and not a 224.

I did have trouble finding them on a 200 once.

If you are talking about 224... what top board?
They are all slide in boards.

I have had the slide in power supply module out because I re-capped it.
No batteries there.
Elsewhere?

Those three AAA sized batteries would be on the OPTION board which my units don't have.
The OPTION boards were not on most units I ever encountered.

I just completely dis-assembled two units and put the good PSU and cards in a frame that had a better motherboard.
I saw no batteries anywhere.
I can't figure out how they store programs though.

Thanks for the replies.

dbbubba said:
Those three AAA sized batteries would be on the OPTION board which my units don't have.
The OPTION boards were not on most units I ever encountered.

I just completely dis-assembled two units and put the good PSU and cards in a frame that had a better motherboard.
I saw no batteries anywhere.
I can't figure out how they store programs though.

Thanks for the replies.

D..

I think I can help.

It sounds like you were trying to fix  the problem of only being able to recall program 1 and ran into some trouble along the way.

Which firmware version is on your unit or units?

Danny,

Here is a tip... try removing u26 on the SBC (that's eprom#4) and see if the symptoms are the same as what you've got now.  If so, you may have an erased chip.

-Chuck

Latest posts

Back