créer son PE1A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safnight

Salut à tous,
Cest avec grand plaisir que je découvre qu'il est possible de réaliser son propre PE1A.
J'ai qlqe questions du clone à ce sujet:
- Le son: en situation pro?
- Existe t il un fournisseur en france bien pro audio pour commander les pièces?
- Sinon, y'a t il des pièges à éviter?

Merçi,
Bien à vous
safnight

First off all you will get more responses if you post in english. And there are already a lot of topics covering the G-pultec.

- Le son: en situation pro?

I haven't built a pultec clone (yet) but I've heard many great stories about it.
It will most likely sound different because the original inductors are no longer made, although sowter and cinemag make replacements
Also, the output amplifier is different than the original one because it requires a very special transformer (I think)

Different doesn't mean worse or better, it's just different.

- Existe t il un fournisseur en france bien pro audio pour commander les pièces?

Farnell.com is all over europe. I don't know about france, but in belgium they ship for free on orders above eur 50.
Banzaieffects.com in germany is a great supplier for tube related parts. But there are many more...

-arno

salut safnight.
effectivement ici c'est plutot anglophone...mais ya quand même quelque frenchy!!!

go there you will find all the information you need.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=16761

choose good quality resistors, caps, pots, etc...and you will have a killer...not a Beh$ù*ringer

Different doesn't mean worse or better, it's just different
yep still better than most of the cheapo eq on the market...I have a eqp1a3 (thx Max ;) ) and its sound good...but I never heard the real one...doesn't matter where are in a pro ball park here...

if you are in Paris you can find some stuff in Selectronic (nation) or St Quentin Radio (gare du nord) but it's a bit more expensive than banzaieffects.
I've bought most of my diy components here and at musikding also.

last word: it's worth it... a pultec for 400/500€, when some are more than 2000€...make the count.
and it not so hard. Gustav make the pcb, Purusha the case and you have just to spend so money and some time soldering...

Peace.
Jr.

Latest posts

Back