Internal Crush-n-blend Support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lukas !
My cnb arrived today. The print looks very neat. I hope to have the time tomorrow to start with it. Still have some other things to do that are a bit more urgent, unfortunately...

But it's here, thank you !

Hi folks, just installed the Dry/Wet board in my Compressor and it works! But! It has a 3 db boost at midposition...
So I need to  compensate the 3 db. I tried something with the 10k and the 39k resistors, but it doesnt work... I replaced the Resistors with pots (10k+some resistors) So that I had a range from 5-15k and 35-45k. Just the overall level changed... Maybe a log Pot will do the job? Any suggestions??? Thanks a lot for your opinions!

T.

How are you guys hooking up the dual 10k pot? 
I'm guessing wiper to ground, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Thought I'd ask before I solder, desodler, resolder, desolder, resolder, etc!

Hey, quick question about installing this bad boy...

Just got finished building this guy and was getting ready to wire it into my GSSL when I started to think about the fact that I had modded the GSSL output to drive two OEP TXs per this picture...

gssl_trafo_mod.jpg

I want to keep the TX on the output across the output so even the "dry" signal gets a little action so maybe someone can tell me if I should leave the 22R's in place or change those back to the original 100R?  Is there any modification needed to be done to the CnB board to accommodate the TX?

Thank you,
Taylor

I-Ight, sorry guys for the long hiatus - back to Cnb-land...

The wiper goes to ground, and the way I made the board was
L1, L2, GND, R2, R1 with 1 and 2 being the pot stack and L and
R the in and out terminal of each pot respectively. That way, you
can't wire your pot the wrong way, if dry is clockwise and you
want it the other way round, you can just reverse the connector.

The thing with the Trafo I'm not sure about, but the way it's
built is that the CnB fits in before the output driver stage, so
if it worked right before with those values it won't change because
of the CnB. The 22R up there does look temptingly close to
the output 10K, but electronically speaking it's miles away ;)

Cheers,

Lukas

Hey Lukas,

Here's your baby in action!!!

CNB.jpg

Check out: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35585.0
to see more pics of my 22 channel GSSL build.

You rock!
-Dustin

love that pcb, looks awesome!!!

lukas, ive sent you a few emails, sorry if you're busy
im after 3 of those!

Hello i wondered if these boards were still available as im building an SB4000 next gen gssl and really want this in it!!
Noticed its been like a year since any responce!
Hoping this is still available so i can get on it!!!!

Hey everybody,

thanks for all your messages and mails - truth be told, I haven't even gotten an inch further
with my own project, and though the layout I posted in the lab for CnB rev5 should work,
I still haven't fired it up (can you call that a very advanced version of writer's block?).

I'll be sure to keep you posted when I get back on it though - in the mean time, if you're in
a hurry and know how to etch (or know someone who does):

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=39238.0

Hey Lukas, am I missing something?  Would like to try to have one of these made to try with my unit but looks like the only thing you have posted is a pdf of the assembly drawing in that other thread, don't see any etching files.

Hmm I can't get at illustrator right now, but from what I remember the AI file is the full
document - i.e. - I have a layer for bottom and top traces and pads for both sides, plus
one for components, so that you can etch it by activating and deactivating layers in Illu.

Thing is, for those who don't have illustrator, it might be good to pull the document apart,
but that's not something I can do from here.

Pretty sure lucus isnt etching any more.

This product is due out soon though and may be what you need?

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=43263.0

Latest posts

Back