Internal Crush-n-blend Support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I just finish a GSSL with Turbo, Super sidechain, and crush n blend.

When i turn the pot completly on the Wet side the unity gain is ok, but when i turn it on the dry side i have 6dB more.

Is it not better to get the dry signal between the VCA input and the 27K input resistor ? Does anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Marc

Just gor a board from Holger.
Is there any info (BOM, component placement,...) for the rev 4 version?
It seems quit different from the rev 1 layout.

thanks,
Pieter

Hi guys !
Last year I successfully built a Gssl with Turbo and SSC and was just thinking about adding the Crush-n-Blend function to it.

Before I'm trying it out I have a couple of questions to you :

1.) Is the gain on the same overall level, no matter how I set up the Wet/Dry pot ? Precisely is it the same level for 100% Wet, 100% Dry and 50%/50% Wet-Dry or does it add a few dBs at 50/50 ?

2.) The "Make-up" Gain of the main VCA is controlled by a DC-Offset you add into the VCA CV. The Dry signal is added after the VCA after the first Opamp of the output circuit. Does this mean, that the ratio between Wet & Dry signal at the output changes if I turn the Make-up gain knob ? Do I have to change my Wet/Dry knob to get the same ratio of Wet/Dry ?

3.) Is it possible to set the knob the way that I have 100% Wet at one end and 50/50% at the other end ? I don't think that I will ever need a 50% to 100% Dry signal. I was thinking that I would gain more precise control over the Wet/Dry ratio if the setting range is smaller.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi,
Thanks for this project !

Is 22uF/25V enough for the electrolytic caps, or should I choose a 35V? (I'd like to try the 22uF/25V Muse caps)

Latest posts

Back