312 preamp with more than one Input transformers and DOAS?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Being electronically retarded as I am, does not allow me to find some answers by myself, so I would like to asking all of you who  deserve a big respect from persons like myself who actually do pretty simple things made by your complex work, if there is any way to pick one of the 312 Pcbs available in the forum and add for example 3 DOAS and 3 Input transformers to get a palette of sound in just one design, selectable in one (two) switch.

Hopefully not a retard question,
Luis

with the cost of transformers and DOA's (expensive) vs. the rest of the needed parts for 312 project (peanuts), it would be wiser to just build more channels of the 312 with different flavours.

Thanks for your response, but to achieve all the possible configurations you will have to build a big array of preamps.

luis said:
to achieve all the possible configurations you will have to build a big array of preamps.

For about the same cost as "all separate" preamps.
Really the 312 is no more than 2 transformers, an opamp, pot or switch and some caps/resistors

I might suggest that you build sufficient channels that you'll ever need at once (i.e. four?) and maybe start messing around with some transfo/doa combinations.
You'll likely find 1 or 2 favorite combo's and you can always sell the extra transformers and opamps or use them in other projects.

Seriously, making opamps and transformers switchable with relays or switches will become a mess and might introduce RFI or oscillations !!
And it's a waste of precious materials !

-arno

Latest posts

Back