Seattle, Puget sound, Portland

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilebee

Hey there

This is a shout out to all Diyers in the greater Seattle, Puget Sound, Portland areas. Since there seems to be an ever increasing number of us out here perhaps we should all get together for a group geek out session?

Thoughts?

Wilebee

I'd be down..

I used to live in Vancouver across the columbia from PDX. moved waves to Seattle area since November, now in SE Everett.

If we can find someplace that has Widmer Snowplow on tap, I'd be down *inserts dark malty beer emoticon here*

ju

cool

Jon  you find the Snowplow on tap. What works for a time frame for folks?

Wil

I have nothing happening in my life (partially by design...partially because I'm scared of the outdoors).

I can pretty much do anything in the evenings and weekends.  It would be nice if we could avoid NFL play-off games ;)

Mike

They may not have it, but they'd have something worth trying =)  Anyone been here?

http://www.taphousegrill.com/

ju

they only released it in 22 oz bottles this year.  I'm stocked up for the year =)  But on tap, that's what I'm after!

ju

Ive just emerged from a couple of weeks in the studio. Jon has joined myself and a couple of other DIY'ers in our "knitting club" a couple of times, and if i remember correctly there was some lovely beverages involved as well. I would be game for a hang. I'm free for the next couple of weeks. I live out on Vashon, but can make the trek with a bit of advanced warning.
Best
Ian

Well let's just pick a date then work out location.

How about Thursday January 29th? 

Location in Seattle to be determined.

Any conflicts?

Feel free to suggest a different date.

Mike

Well I do not drink and I'm scared of the outdoors...so I may not be the best person to decide this.

But just to fire out some idea's:

-Jon suggested the Taproom Downtown
-We could try a neighborhood like Fremont or Ballard
-Fremont (Dad Watson's, Dubliner)
-Ballard (Lock and Keel, Peoples pub...)

Good thing about hitting a neighborhood is if once we all get together we decide we don't like the bar...we'll be surrounded by other options.

Mostly trying to think of a place where they will have room for us and is not too loud.

Anyone?

Mike

Wil,

what was that place up the road from you that we met at years back in Greenwood?

ju

Hey fellas, just saw this thread. I'm in for this Thursday, let's just figure out where.

The Elysian is centrally located on Capitol Hill, great beer, decent pub grub, large space with lots of big tables. Also close to Jon's beloved Piecora's  ;)

Other places would work too (I'm in Ballard)...

-Paul

Good to hear Paul!

I'm great with the Elysian.  Right by my work.

Any time preference?

Thursday January 29th
Elysian
7pm?

Mike

Latest posts

Back